1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Wall Textures, and Dyeable Walls

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Wilfred, Mar 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

The main objection to dyeable walls seems to be that the developers would have to go through all the in game houses and set the dyeable surfaces, which would be a huge amount of work.

Instead, how about let players craft wall texture objects? Sort of like the pavers, but with variable length and width, and possibly dyeable.

Certain textures could be in the crown shop, and others could be craftable.

Once you have the texture ingredients or crown shop pattern, go to the crafting table, choose the texture, input the length and width you want, and hit "Craft" to create the texture object.

Some wall texture objects (like plaster) could be dyeable, and others (like granite or marble) not dyeable.

This would allow players to change the material (stone, wood, plaster, etc.) and color of their walls easily.

How much developer work would it take to add variable length and width options to the paver system?

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

No. I do not want every POT to be filled with color cycling aether crack houses.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You spend a lot of time running between POTS critiquing walls ?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

limit to crafted dyes only?

Fiero Steele and FrostII like this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yes. Part of my research for a coffee table book on Novian architecture, in stores early next year.

Fiero Steele and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

You know that I really want this :) plenty of pic's in my Fiero Travels post, feel free to use ;)

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The main objection is that you will see a lot of properties turn into websites build by 14 year old folks in school in the 90s.
    You know, that kind of website that can even give a healthy person epilepsy.

The options to dye walls would have to be limited from the very beginning in my opinion.

8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, but you still haven't done Veritas Sanctuary. (Okay, I haven't looked in a while, so maybe that's not true.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.