Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Wand damage from skill use?

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Pleione, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

I've been standing in town casting skills to level them and noticed my wands are taking damage. Is this expected? I'm not actually fighting anyone, although I am casting combat spells like immolation.

2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I don't know if it is intentional, but why shouldn't a wand suffer wear when you use it? I think it makes sense.

Duke Andaluz likes this.
  3. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

All depends on intention. In the world of Harry Potter - wands never decayed (although they could be physically broken). I'm guessing in this world, it would make sense for wands to take damage from physical and magical attacks, but not from use.

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

From an immersion (does it make sense in the game world) perspective, I try to see decay as 'wear and tear' - something 'getting old' and needing to fixed or replaced.

Beyond that, decay is a use-penalty that leads one to have to repair, creating a gold sink or leading one to buy something crafters. Both are good for the game economy. At a practical level, it may not be more logical than that.

5. Magnnus

Magnnus Avatar

Are you attacking with your wand, or just casting spells? It doesn't make sense for a wand to decay if you don't use it.

6. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Just casting spells. Was standing in a town and macro'ing overnight in a single user instance to get things to a reasonable base. First time in my life I've ever used macros for a game, but felt the need this time. It is my understanding this wouldn't be useful if the toons had been reset since I wouldn't have ADV points to burn without actually killing something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.