want to be able to slow down Production of outdoor Growing.

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Odyssey2001, Mar 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I love being outdoors and like my greenhouse but the production is too fast and due to my job and just cant make the water scheduled so my pretty green house just sits there.

If an option where created where as I can slow down the production to the next level like normal outside planting or even basement I would be able to enjoy my greenhouse and I see little negative impact as it is only aesthetics that's changing, someone could just as easily take off their greenhouse and plant just the same! as some already so there will be no real impact on economy.

Suggestion:
    To circumvent exploit there can be a 24 hour lock, so once changed it cannot be changed again for 24 hours, and on user whom choose the basement option it cannot changed for 48 hours.

Gravidy, Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I'd much rather see the removal of watering schedules altogether. We could add all the water upfront when planting and keep the same production rate and maturity times. The only economic change removal of a time sink and a guarantee of 100% production regardless of missing a watering.

3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

How about you get the 100% production, but the growth cycle doesn't move on until you water?

The penalty you pay is the not getting your harvest as soon as it normally would have matured.

4. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

We have been down that road but certain people/devs did not like that as they want a bonus to people whom make the effort .

millenjr and OzzyOsbourne like this.
  5. Lained

Lained Avatar

Except that the time sink is a barrier to entry, remove it and you'll increase production, etc etc.

millenjr likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

A new kind of fertilizer could possibly slow down the watering time by a small factor.

millenjr and OzzyOsbourne like this.
  7. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I made my suggestion in a way that does not really change anything as far as production is concerned. all stays the same, People whom put in the effort can still produce more if the wish to invest the time and nothing needs to be created ( Other than logic code to the timer ) . like I mentioned is just aesthetics.

8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

need a kobold wind driven water system that you just fill up with buckets and it auto waters as long as it has water :)

9. that_shawn_guy

it must also have a slow, hesitating, squeaky pump sound. then it would be perfect!

Violet Ronso and Xee like this.
  10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

seeing we can gather water why not make it have a well manual pump crank on it. you just pump it right at the station.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  11. that_shawn_guy

well, that's not going to annoy the neighbors nearly as much as a big whirly, squeaky thing. but, I'd be ok with it.

:)

Violet Ronso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.