Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Warding

Discussion in 'Release 66 QA Feedback' started by Barugon, May 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

that's only the case if attunment can have a negative value that actually gives you a negative resistance that makes all damage of that type do more damage to you. (which, in a pre-persistence build years ago, was the case)

If you cant get negative attunment, then warding gives you more resistance than GM attunment in a spell tree gives you, at the cost of having any attunment.

If you CAN get negative attunment, then it does essentially make it a lot easier to reach very high resistance, for the price of having to GM 11 skills, 10 of which you will never be able to use effectively because of not having any attunment

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You know that it will become the new normal.

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

If you can have negative attunment.

If you cant have negative attunment, then theres no point in getting 100 attunment plus gm warding.

I will be using the magic resist fromt he tactics tree but I cant imagine a lot of people will do it because it will fry all their buffs.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have Fire Warding at 70:

[​IMG]

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I was watching Chris's stream from Monday, and someone flagged him the resistances not seeming to work in PvE, and he has put it as a Critical thing to look into! IT MIGHT BE FIXED!

Barugon and Chiasma like this.
  6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I am so confused. I will have to do a deep dive into these forums to try to make sense of attenuation, warding, resistance, and associated skill contribution. I'm no dummy, but apparently not as capable as most at figuring this stuff out. I keep deleting part of this post to keep it positive instead of negative. Hopefully someone develops an aid to easily give us a way to approach development of our characters. I am at adv level 115, 90% melee with just enough magic to heal some, summon, and throw down ice field and meteor storm. My equipment is top end but I don't know if I have master worked and enchanted the optimal combinations to take advantage of the resistance combos available. My desire is to have a very defensive build but at this time am at a loss as to how to do it.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.