Wards - Do they work? Procs are backwards.

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Vladamir Begemot, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It doesn't seem like they actually do much warding. Are they functional?

AND

And a really bad element of them IMO is that the ward will give procs as though you're trying to get procs for that school.

A fire ward for example will lower your fire attunment then give you the option to have Ignite on your weapon... Which then doesn't work worth a dang because your attunment is super low!

A fire ward might logically have something like "Douse" as a proc.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I tested sorcery warding a couple releases back and they did nothing. The +20 resistance from Douse, however, did.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Douse from the sorcery ward?

Or douse in general?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Douse in general. I was using it to compare against the warding gems. I had +90 fire resistance from warding gems/jewels and it did nothing to reduce fire damage but the +20 from Douse did.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

So @Chris, not only are the procs backwards, but the wards don't even work in the first place.

Lord Trady of Blix and Jaesun like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Tempestry warding does nothing for Douse, that I know of, and the fire resistance from Douse is capped at +20.

7. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Sorry, not sure what I was thinking with that. I thought I saw it as an Enchantment a long time ago. Anyway, I do have a Sorcery Warding wand that, when Enchanted, gave me +11.2 Fire Attunement. I guess the extra Attunement helps with fire resist. I think I read something a while ago that said that every 5 Attunement points gives 1pt of Resist in a given tree. Maybe someone can correct or confirm this.

Barugon likes this.
  8. Floors

Floors Avatar

No wonder mages are super OP if all these gems I've been socketing don't do anything.

I would not be surprised, there are a large number of things I've discovered that have been broken, for multiple releases and I'm not supporting the game financially any longer until things get fixed. It's not beta time anymore, sorry.

9. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Brother; what I use against those mages is 1) Fire attunement which at 92 gives me some resistance, Fire Proof at GM ( 20 pct more) and then Cast Douse and shield of Ice. It adds up to the point I can survive the Fireballs. As an extra added bonus just take your water ellie along which at GM drops frequent 100 plus heals since those mages also like to drain health. I leave them for last at this point when they have archers with them. Never bothered with warding gems since last word I heard is that they are not that good. R/Boris/El Pirata.

10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

It does not matter if it ward or not, the gem procs are the same.

11. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Iirc when wards were first introduced they worked for PvP but not PvE and it was that way for quite a while at least. Whether it was ever fixed I don't know.

Like has been already said, if you stand in a campfire, a fire ward doesn't reduce damage. Maybe there's some difference between hazard damage and damage from PvE mobs though, who knows. Could always test vs. a ghost or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.