Was there a combat stat adjustment of some kind?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poison Ivy, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

I logged in today and discovered that I had 596 hitpoints fully buffed when I normally have 606 hitpoints. I lost ten hitpoints somewhere. I also appear to be taking around 20% more incoming melee damage fighting elves and wolves in Crags. Was there some kind of combat adjustment with the most recent patch, or should I bug report this?

2. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

did you look at night time (sun worhip skill loss of strength)?

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

Yes. I am aware that hitpoints can drop at night. I am also not using unusual shrine buffs, or missing any (I use the HP regen and focus regen buffs anyway, so they don't affect my hitpoint total) My nighttime hitpoints are naturally even fewer.

4. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

It seems like they fixed a couple of things, I can last again... versus mobs that I had some, but not to much trouble with before this last update.

Now... I can take on three Mobs again, without near instantly dying...

Numa likes this.
  5. Silverti

Silverti Avatar

are you using the sun based str boost skill and it was night time?

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

Yes, at "morning" time - my buffs in "optimal circumstances" are still registering 10 hp short.

7. oplek

oplek Avatar

It's hard to say. Even strength gives you a HP bonus.

8. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

This isn't your character, so I suspect it doesn't matter to you. However, as I said in my original post, not only am I missing hitpoints, I appear to be taking more damage. Naturally, this is concerning.

Montaigne and bigta1982 like this.
  9. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

like yes

Ajivani and Montaigne like this.
  10. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

@Ajivani they made changes to archery and I have noticed that I take more damage when there are archers in the mobs I normally fight. I always try to take the archers out first anyhow but this increase in damage taken is leading me to try to isolate the archers and kill them first.

11. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Lol if you say so! :eek: i dont see 10hps making a difference in like anything.

Bob Kelso2 likes this.
  12. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

FWIW, I have a few more hit points. I think some of the mobs have also. But I’m still killing them OK. It’s just balance - best to smile and nod. And I don’t think 10 hp one way or the other will make much difference.

13. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

So lets not discuss oddities seen that aren't accountable with patch notes and let the game be whatever it will be? Patch notes set expectations. Hints about changes (for example the new virtue armor not being fully spoiled about what is required) vs undocumented features which then comes across as bugs. As bad as the forum reaction to the Rapid Fire change, can you imagine the reaction if it wasn't in the patch notes? Just wake up, skill is acting very different, lost a good chunk of damage, no patch notes why. Would you assume its a bug? Or would you just smile and nod in the name of balance?

On Topic: Leather armor user here (Supple Epic), and seem to be taking a good 10-20% more damage from melee (not ranged/mages). HP also feels funky/inconsistent.

Chatele likes this.
  14. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

The point isn't the fact that it's 10hp, to answer your obnoxious comment. The OP is asking if they've missed something that's recently affected stats - it's important to know why and when things change, regardless of the amount, so you can make informed decisions about your character's progress and ability.

FrostII, Chatele and Montaigne like this.
  15. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

funny forum.

Oh i'm derailing, don't ban me :eek:

TheBalance and Bob Kelso2 like this.
  16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

With all due respect, you seem to be missing the point of the OP.

To the OP...

If you've ruled out anything regarding "time of day" (as has been mentioned), then I would certainly report this as a bug.

There's already a bug regarding a non-filling healthbar that was supposed to be fixed, but isn't.
    I already bug reported that one, and you should report this one.

The more info they have regarding non-filling healthbar's, the sooner they can find and fix the errant code. ;)

And @Korim Rackham , it's not just 10hp's that's the issue.
    I can have half my over 800 hp's not showing because of the non-filling healthbar bug, so yes - it IS an issue worth reporting (again and again and again - I have and so should the OP).....

P.S. Hey Port ! When you finally fix this very annoying bug, please mail about 100 Imbued Health Potions to me for the ones you cost me making sure I wasn't as low on hp's as your healthbar says.......... :cool:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Chatele likes this.
  17. Bob Kelso2

Bob Kelso2 Avatar

That has been happening for a looong looong time, dont set your self up for dissapointment ;)

Korim Rackham likes this.
  18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yea, I've been reporting it since it began ( "a looong looong time" ago ) and it remains broken. (Actually it was fixed for a release or 2, but broke again).

Bob Kelso2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.