Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Watcher Kill Bug

Discussion in 'Release 25 Bug Forum' started by Dsmurl, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dsmurl

Dsmurl Avatar

1. Title: Watcher Kill Bug

2. Repro Rate: 50%

3. Blocker: Porb not unless it's breaking on some unveiled watcher code that effects plot

4. Details: I can't find a pattern but half the time when I kill a watcher, I get messages like "Unexpected Shutdown" or "Catestrophic Failure". Seems like it's having a problem sometimes pulling back text for the death sequence. Sometime I do See "BrrrrrrrbbbbZzzzzzzzzztt" so there may be something different or some unicode difference or special char difference in the other reaction texts. I'm on the Linux version so maybe the char set is different somehow.

5. Steps to Reproduce: I have been seeing it a lot pretty much anywhere. The pics provided are from inside Etceter mostly.

6. User specs and pictures of bug can be found zipped under this bug name at http://www.dsmurl.com/bugs/

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  2. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Welcome to the forums @Dsmurl!

Funny thing is, that's what watchers say when they die :p not because a game error, but because they're machines and you just broke them. So it's more like an intended feature. If i'm not mistaken when it's the game pulling an error like that it appears in the chat window in red letters.

Just in case you don't know, if you type /bug in game you get a bug report template in your clipboard that can paste here to make reports easier (i know it works for me).

3. Dsmurl

Dsmurl Avatar

Haha, that makes since. Thanks man. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.