Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Watering plants skill!

Discussion in 'Release 46 QA Feedback Forum' started by Vladamir Begemot, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

First, I'm loving it, that's going to make farming so much better!

My suggestion is to have the player walk slowly forward while performing the animation. The farthest watered area is a good distance from where my water is hitting, and the animation is long, so if I was walking forward while doing it it would make sense that I hit all those plants, and look great!

I see that won't work because I can water way far from where I'm standing. So anyway, this is a huge step forward, now I'll be talking immersion ideas. Because using a watering can on something that's 6 meter away is a bit weird looking.

For rows of plants, ideally you would walk and water. What if, instead of it being an aimed skill, it was an AOE? Same animation, but again with the crossed out idea, you automatically walk forward while doing it and thus it looks like you're walking along your rows of plants while watering? Then you stop, and activate it again and it starts you walking again.

Alternately, lose the (very nice) watering pot and make it a Kobold watering hose attached to your bucket/backpack or something. That way you would be watering plants where your water is actually going.

No good ideas for watering plants in pots right next to you because this works perfectly for them, it looks super great.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    monkeysmack likes this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yeah, after doing it more I really think it should be a cone AOE in front of the player, not a directed cast.

3. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

This is really cool.
    My suggestion is to have the avatar's arms stretch really far. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.