Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Way too little structure for new players

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Pleione, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

First, let me say I'm not a new player.

I started up tonight with the simple goal of getting to Owl's Nest, and from there to Wizard's Rest so I could claim my lot. Its now 4 hours later and I'm totally lost.

I followed the early steps and landed into Soltown, then walked down to Ardoris to find the ship to the island. No ship. Ok. Walked back to Solace Bridge to use the portal. Portal issues (see my other post from earlier tonight).

A friend mentioned that the boat had moved to Brittany. Ok, no problem. The Solace Brdoge portal eventually went live after I died and took me to Highvale. That forced me to wander around some more, until I finally found the gate. Knowing I needed to head east, I came across Resolute. Nice! Sold my junk and lightened my load.... Left Resolute and tried to head SouthEast until I found a Nightshade pass. Ok - that sounded like it would get me through the mountain range, although it wasn't marked on the release note map. Came across a wizard or three and managed to take them out. Eventually got into harder NCPs and had to find an Ankh. Found one next to an arch, but upon revival was instantly set upon by higher level NPCs (great plan there, allow players to revive and then kill them again). Spent the next 20 minutes trying to find my way out.

4 hours... for someone with a decent amount of experience in the game and I still haven't found my way to my destination. Had I been a new player I would have rage quit out of total frustration.

Ah, just found Trader Hill. At least I know where I'm at, although no clue how I got here. This hopeless wandering is very frustrating, spending way too much time just trying to find ways out of cities and what not.

2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

That's just the way it is until you can learn the map :)

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops:~Yep We Need a New Interactive Map~

I think the new boat route to Hidden Vale (Wizards Rest) is in Brittany
    ;)
    http://www.sotamap.com/
    Wizards Rest Resident... @Cassey
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Nhili Dragon and Lord Baldrith like this.
  4. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Much nicer map, thanks for the link Time Lord.

Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.