Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ways to avoid combat

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I was wondering if there will be ways to avoid combat in SotA?
    I was reading an article about the next Deus Ex and in this game it is even possible to talk yourself out of bossfights which I think is very interesting. Or there are other ways to defeat the boss without having to face him in a fight.

I could imagine bribing bandits or intimidating them.
    I could imagine luring a boss unter a big chandelier which could be made to fall onto him, crushing him.
    I could imagine talking to a big troll, maybe giving him something to eat or telling him a riddle so that he doesn't attack you anymore.

I know that this may not work for every monster. But even wolves could be lured away by placing some meat somewhere and maybe there is some kind of "perfume" you can craft and use on yourself that repels spiders...

So I think there could be many ways to avoid combat and maybe we will se something like that in the game, too?

Gorn da Morn likes this.
  2. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I've asked for non-combat skills and methods of progression several times in the past but it has always been met pretty dismissively. You should probably just accept the fact that your character is a combatant in a world full of combatants, that you only really progress by killing things and getting better at killing things, and crafters for the most part are just quartermasters designed to equip combatants. Like most RPGs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.