We have three tabs for crafting........

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Haz, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haz

Haz Avatar

Gathering, Refining, and Production, Gathering being the only one that is active at this point.

Is crafting, and the points we will have available to us to put into crafting, going to create a super crafter? I guess what I mean is, are we gonna end up with a few super crafters that are max'ed out in all tabs of crafting, or are points gonna be just enough for us to maybe specialize in just one or two aspect of crafting? (I'm only at lvl 21, so I don't really know how far this will go).

Example: Maybe I specialize in, and place points in, only the collection of hides and wood, and then points in the creation of leather armor and bows. I do this because these are what I want to have my Ranger toon craft, and because points to fill up other categories are just not available. I'm no RPer by any means, but my ranger should make his own tools.

Or....As a Ranger toon, since I'm out killing everyday, did I have enough points to max out my gathering tree and still be able to have points available for refining and/or some production values?

Or....are we gonna see a crafter that will have enough skill points available to be able to max out the majority of the crafting tabs, thus being a super crafter?

I ask now during R20 because R20 has made me think that SotA is moving at a pace that makes me feel like it's beginning to find it's stride. There's more talk of immersion, more talk of inclusion more talk of polish in the forums.

I enjoy my adventuring, but I also enjoy my crafting, I would like to think that they go hand in hand. I would like to think that my crafting abilities will not be overshadowed by the "Super Crafter".

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

The current thinking is that you won't be able to master everything. While you might get a super smith.. who mines, smelts and smiths.. we shouldn't see anyone who has literally mastered all crafting skills.

3. Rebelweasel

Rebelweasel Avatar

Generally in games in the past I've enjoyed the most, I was able to master 2 and a half of say, 4-6 major craft categories. Sort of like how the old style skills setup used to be in SWG, where you could be "Dual-master and a half" in that you could master 2 major skill lines, and half of another, which really broke down to roughtly 10 entire skill branches you could mix and match, if you didn't want to fully master a second skill line, you could instead break those trees down to a tree in this or a tree in that and sort of specialize and hybridize.

I'd like to be able to hybridize crafting. For instance, Blacksmith would have Weapons, Armor, Engineer/Gadgets, and something else. Then Woodworking would have Weapons, Indoor Furnishings, Outdoor Furnishings, etc. So I could master the Blacksmith Weapons line, and the Carpentry Weapons line, and something else from Cooking maybe.

I do think that gathering and refining might be best not to be included in the mastery limits. Especially gathering, I think any craft master combination should also be able to afford being a gatherer master because resources are always going to be a bottle neck in this game, and I feel that restricting who can gather what would make it that much harder to get reasonable raw materials prices on the vendors. Refining seems to be multi-craft oriented and can have skills such as speed, amount crafted at once, chance to crit for multiple bonus copies of refined components, things like that.

Maeryck likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.