Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

weak rends from nowhere

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Alley Oop, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

4/21/2018 6:54 PM
    Title: weak rends from nowhere
    Reproduction Rate: a lot?
    Blocker? no
    Details: i was in a lost vale party today. @Promiscuity and i were the only blade users. i have a good rend, at 100 and and with 80 spec, and his is better than mine, and yet we kept seeing our good rends over-written by tiny ones. 0-5, 0-4, 0-2, i even got a screenshot of one that didn't have a range at all, JUST a healing debuff.

[​IMG]

because a mob can only have three rends on it, we have to coordinate not over-writing strong ones with weaker ones. we could not figure out where those rends were coming from. they weren't from either of us. they weren't from polearms skills with spec, i had @Rada Torment use me as a practice dummy and the spec debuffs from puncture and spinning attack have their own icons.

i checked the chat log, there were no rends from our party that were not from prom or me. there were no clusters of a bunch of rends for single digit damage from anyone. there was one line out of 80,000 that showed a weak rend with no attribution at all.

[4/21/2018 4:23:19 PM] Elf Fighter takes 5 points of damage from Rend.

is there something else, maybe with a different name, that is sharing the rend channel? if there is, we need to know what it is and if it's specialization-related, we need to now how NOT to do that.

is there a mob putting rend on other mobs or itself? i know as i scrolled throough the log i saw one cabalist kill itself with its own lightning damage.

another possibility is that it IS one of our rends: the initial blow can be parried. if we get a small hit past the parry, does that also put on a small rend dot? if that's what's happening, i'd rather a parried rend not get the dot at all than use one of the three slots. even then if that's what was happening, there should have been tiny rend hits showing in the log.

Steps to Reproduce: no idea!
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4) System RAM: 15993
    GPU: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 4096
    SotA.Linux.64.760.Date.04.04.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Stinging Tree Hollow
    Area Display Name: Stinging Tree Hollow
    Loc: (115.7, 41.2, -54.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfFN0aW5naW5nIFRyZWUgSG9sbG93fCgxMTUuNzExLCA0MS4yMTcsIC01NC4yOTcpfCgwLCAtMC43MjEsIDAsIC0wLjY5Myl8OTIuMjY4ODR8MTB8MTg=

Ataniiq, Promiscuity and Rada Torment like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.