Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Weapon Durability

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Fali, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fali

Fali Avatar

In the R34 instructions I read this:

• Weapon Durability Reduction Normalized: We adjusted weapon durability reduction from use to be similar in rate to armor so that now weapons and armor should now drop at more similar rates. Weapons have been dropping at much too fast a rate until now.
    But I rember, that I also read somewhere, that this fix didn`t work, but I can`t find it anymore.

Is there any information about weapon durability, if it's still broken (I think so) and if it`s planed to be fixed?

Leelu and Horance like this.
  2. Horance

Horance Avatar

As far I can tell, nothing have changed for me. I still lose approximately 35 durability per hour for both my longsword and shield.

Leelu and Mitara like this.
  3. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

The question probably is... how much durability would be the right amount to loose, to keep the economy floating?

Leelu likes this.
  4. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

I noticed a slow down after the announcement with my 2h axe. And the other durability before we have to use COTO seems like the loss slowed down even more. It almost feels indestructible. But I did also level up the preservation passives a bit, not sure how much can be explained by that.

5. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

My sword has been quite a bit better.

Not sure if they fixed certain skills degrading weapons though. Perhaps they just fixed normal wear

6. Blightlord Knightmare

Blightlord Knightmare Avatar

I feel like my sword degrades far too quickly. I play for an hour or two (granted just straight up combat the whole time) and the swords totally broken. Its almost silly. Meanwhile, I've had my armor for ages and I'm not expecting to repair any pieces for at least another week or two. I feel like they have a long way to go and decrease the damage rate further. (Not too far, as I appreciate that they want people to buy cotos to make money, but I feel they need to adjust further).

7. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I do wonder what there target is for this. I notice the weopon lasting longer but I have been focusing more on my magic. How long should a sword last before it needs to be repaired, or replaced. And same for armor.

I do also wish they would change the max dirabilty loss a little to make crafting repairs on a table more required. Right now I can repair in battle with a kit and don't need any skill, which makes the repair skill pretty worthless.

Here is what I would like to see:
    • Max durability loss calculation happens during repair (very rarely during combat)
    • Repair in field has a large chance to permanently damage weopon/Armor, can be lowered with repair skill
    • Repair on table has less of a chance to permanently damage item and can get lower with repair skill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.