Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Weird - missing just 2 fence pieces

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by Raven Swiftbow, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

8/8/2016 11:29 AM
    Title: Weird - missing just 2 fence pieces

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Blocker? No

Details:
    - I began placing a standard (i.e. not "tall") ivy covered stone fence around my town lot;
    - I reached the end of it and was missing 2 medium ivy covered stone fence pieces:
    [​IMG]
    - Went to bank, checked bank:
    [​IMG]
    - This fence goes all the way around the lot except for the two spots you see, so it is not a case of only having one set of the fence when I need two for a town lot.
    [I bolded that for other players who might read this post and immediately think 'well, you need to have two sets of this fence to go around a town lot.']

Steps to Reproduce: check my bank and lot?
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16299
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Ti OEM GPU RAM: 2017
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.458.Date.08.05.16
    Area: PRT_forest_metropolis_01
    Loc: (-254.4, 65.0, 355.2)

2. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Addendum to this! Late last night I started thinking - wait, I should have also had another gate. And 4 more corner pieces as well....

So this morning I checked that account - my account only shows that I should have one village stone ivy covered fence! So the issue isn't that I was missing pieces - but that I actually had too many pieces, because I had enough pieces to almost completely surround the lot, shy the two medium fence pieces. If there had been the correct number of fence pieces, I would have run out much sooner, would have then checked my account page and realized I needed to buy another one.

So I have now purchased a second village stone ivy covered fence for that account.

But nonetheless, you would want to know that the game had delivered too many fence pieces, which is still a bug. Sorry for the confusion, but at least I figured out that the issue was too many pieces, not that I was missing pieces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.