Welcome! (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FireLotus, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I haven't formally introduced myself to everyone. Remind me. thanks. oh and this game looks more than awesome so far!!!

2. Fevion Hailsinger

Fevion Hailsinger Avatar

Hi everyone, I forgot to post here when I joined. I like a lot of people here trace my gaming roots back to some of the first Ultima. My love of all things fantasy based was spawned from playing these games as a child so I had no problems backing this project to the hilt, just means I won't be buying a new car this year ...Lord of the Manor signing in!

3. Grayhawk

Grayhawk Avatar

Greetings from Bavaria! UO was my first MMO too (Drachenfels) and like many other users I'm very curious and hoping SotA will bring back some of the UO feelings to us. Looking forward to the Dev Blog.

4. Lord Silver

Lord Silver Avatar

Oh I cant believe this ! I immediatly became a Citizen backed this project because I know its going to be another 15 yrs of total enjoyment ! And I truely miss the early days of ultima online. And its good to see some of the old vets here too! *group hug*

5. Godwin

Godwin Avatar

Hi all! Absolute huge fan of Ultima series since my youth! So happy to see this becoming reality!

6. Baron Daniello

Baron Daniello Avatar

I backed on the first day but only stated posting to the forums recently. I can't tell you how excited I am to be able to play another "Ultima" game from Lord British!

I have been a fan since Ultima III. I even bought my first PC because Ultima VI was being released on PC before any other platform. I believe that was the first Ultima to not be released first on Apple.

I have since solved Ultima I - Ultima VI. To help pass the time until we get SotA I am going back and playing Ultima VII again since I never did finish it.

The future looks bright indeed!

Lord Daniello di Martello Carradori

7. Lord Warpath

Lord Warpath Avatar

I went ahead and got my tax-free city level house. (Just don't let the deed get looted off me before I can place it!) :]

The most fun I ever had playing any game online has to be when I played in two of the preeminent PK guilds on the Great Lakes and Catskills Ultima Online servers.

I was in attendance when Rainz (briefly) killed our dear Lord British with a fire field during beta.

I was one of those guys that utilized the early rule system to have a GM alchemist / carpenter sitting in a shack on hythloth making gm explosion potions, trapping a stone-laden chest, and then hiding and blowing up people outside of the bank in Britain, looting their corpse empty as they hit the ground.

I got involved in a lot of guild wars. I hid and then ran into keeps and castles and logged out only to login later and do some looting. I did a lot of things that fell under the wide umbrella of griefing. I got as much as I gave, and that was an amazing amount of fun. Frustrating. Gratifying. Occasionally hilarious.

Ultima Online opened my eyes to the possibility of games just as I was entering college. It helped to focus me on computer science, which became a career in IT, which became a small IT company, which has been an exceptionally good career choice. I'm happy to be able to make a contribution to the next evolutionary step in this genre. I know the investment is well-placed, and I'm anxious to contribute and see what the team comes up with.

8. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I'm usually in the chat but I got in the first day so just wanted to say hi :p

9. mmorpgitalia

mmorpgitalia Avatar

Hi to all from Italy !

10. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

less than 25000 to go!!!!

Isaiah MGT470 likes this.
  11. Mizzen

Mizzen Avatar

Hello there...Just can't wait to try this new adventure with you all !!!

12. Node

Node Avatar

I'm so glad to see Lord British back in the fantasy realm. I've got goosebumps. UO and U7 were huge influences on my adolescence and I will never forget them. I still play through the Ultima games to this day. I wish Portalarium and Mr. Garriott nothing but success! I'm so happy!

13. Vaultarn

Vaultarn Avatar

I never played UO. But I did play some of the single player Ultima games. Hat is off to Lord British and his team for doing this and getting back into something that he obviously loves.

I have decided to support this project and have made a pledge which will obviously be paid as we've met the goal for funding!

Richard, I wish you and your team all the best with the development of this game and I look forward to seeing the project grow and change.

Cheers

Vaultarn

14. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

wow thought I had done this already - guess not! Hello everyone! Very proud to be part of a cool ultima community...

15. Lord Melvek

Lord Melvek Avatar

Hail! I've been playing Ultima games for years and my best games by far are Ultima 7 and Ultima Online! I'm glad to see RG back and I will use my Citizen title proudly on go live! Until then, I'm happy to participate in the forum every single day!!

16. Lothlan

Lothlan Avatar

Hi all, see you online!!!

17. AndiZ275

AndiZ275 Avatar

Hi everyone,
    I'm Andreas from Germany and I've grown up with the Ultima-Games. Serpent Isle is still my favourite RPG of all times (and I've played the most of them, from Arcanum, over Fallout to Baldurs Gate; but no game had the same impact on my like the Ultima 7 Part 2).

Ultima Online was a game, I always wanted to play (since it looked like Ultima 7). But Internet on the countryside was difficult and too expensive for a poor student like me. Instead I bought Ultima IX, which I liked despite all of its bugs and lore breakers (the dungeons were awesome and how many 3D RPGs are there with seamless area transfers).

Now I've grown older and want to take the opportunity to support the guy and his team, that was responsible for some of my best gaming hours in my life. I even infected my little brother, so I can play with him in coop.

The prototype made a very good impression on me and I can't wait to sink into the world of Lord British again.

Cheers,
    Andreas

18. Owain

Owain Avatar

I've introduced myself in various posts on the forum, but, to be official...

Jetstar deKGB, our High King, has appointed me as KGB Ambassador to New Brittania. It is my task to support KGB interests in the Forums and on the Chat, and to promote full PvP/ Full Loot as a play style. The KGB was founded as an Anti-PK guild, first on UO: Pacific , and then on UO: Siege Perilous. If SotA permits, the KGB will deploy units to enforce Player Justice, and destroy PKs where ever they may be found. If anyone has any questions regarding the KGB, or our mission, I am at your service.

Owain ab Arawn
    UO: Siege Perilous
    Knights of Glory and Beer (KGB)
    http://oracle.the-kgb.com/

19. Whisper Dragon

Whisper Dragon Avatar

Greetings and salutations, all.

20. Enceladus

Enceladus Avatar

Hi from the cold moon of Saturn. There is life here and we hope to find a new home in SotA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.