What are these "Founder Pledge Upgrade Service!" threads?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elite Cow, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elite Cow

Elite Cow Avatar

I am seeing people offer "upgrades" in backing status. What is this for and why can't users pledge them selves?

Thanks for your answers!
    I have another question:

Thanks for the help guys.

I went to go upgrade via the "Payment Plan" and I am not quite getting how it works. It says if I pay $10 for two months I will obtain the Royal Artisan pledge. ( I am currently an Adventurer )

Also what is this "Add payments to existing pledge or start a new one"? I don't understand why it has "Founder" selected.
    [​IMG]

2. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Yesterday they announced (really, it was always there, just no one knew about it) that a Founder can send a pledge ($40 adventurer level or higher) to a Benefactor account, and 'upgrade' them to have Founder status and receive all the extra benefits that come with being a Founder. (Or alternatively, gift a pledge to a new player and they will be a Founder from the very beginning.)

3. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

The reason there are so many threads, is that in return, the founder that gifts you the pledge receives a referral bonus of $25 to their account. That is also why they're willing to cut the price below the actual cost, to bring more people in.

4. Elite Cow

Elite Cow Avatar

Ah Okay!

Would this have any benefit to me as I am already Adventurer it would only cost me an extra $20 to get Founder while users are charging $30+.

5. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

"Founder status" is different from the Founder pledge tier. "Founder status" (formerly restricted to early backers) gets you priority in lot selection for housing and additional in-game items which "Benefactor status" backers (which you currently are) do not. You also get to upgrade to higher pledge tiers at the cheaper "Founder status" prices for a limited time. Hope that helps clarify things!

Jambo likes this.
  6. Elite Cow

Elite Cow Avatar

Ah I see!
    So I believe I understand but to confirm could you help me out with this scenario.

I eventually want to get to "$140 Explorer" pledge to get all episodes.
    Would getting this "Founder Status" be beneficial to me to save a bit on getting there, as you said "You also get to upgrade to higher pledge tiers at the cheaper "Founder status" prices."

Thanks Sir, and sorry for the confusion on my part.

7. Gabriel Nightshadow

Yes, it would save you $ 15 (about 10%). Plus, you would get the numerous additional in-game rewards.

Jambo likes this.
  8. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  9. Gabriel Nightshadow

Yes, Koldar's spreadsheet does an excellent job of listing the different benefits which Founders and Benefactors receive.

Jambo likes this.
  10. Elite Cow

Elite Cow Avatar

Thanks everyone.
    If I were to pay $30 to get founder would it add my total contributed amount to $75? or would I still have the $45 total?

11. Gabriel Nightshadow

You would send an email to support@portalarium.com and ask them to merge the two pledges. After they do that, you would be at $75.

Jambo and Koldar like this.
  12. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

It would add on to your current pledge amount. This may take a day or two as some of these conversions must be manually touched for the conversion to be finalized. If it doesn't happen within 30 minutes, then I would recommend contacting support.

13. Elite Cow

Elite Cow Avatar

Thanks!
    Who do you recommend I purchase this "Founder" status through?

14. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I cannot directly recommend anyone (myself included); Portalarium technically does not insure third party transactions, so buyer beware. There are several people in the marketplace sub forum offering to complete transactions. Some people leave comments in threads when transactions have been successful so that may assist in your research. :)

15. Elite Cow

Elite Cow Avatar

Ah okay. To my understanding the only way to obtain Founder Status is by having a player "gift it" to you correct? This being me actually giving money to them and they gift it to me.

16. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

That's correct.

17. Elite Cow

Elite Cow Avatar

Thanks for the help guys.

I went to go upgrade via the "Payment Plan" and I am not quite getting how it works. It says if I pay $10 for two months I will obtain the Royal Artisan pledge. ( I am currently an Adventurer )

Also what is this "Add payments to existing pledge or start a new one"? I don't understand why it has "Founder" selected.
    [​IMG]

18. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

That is a tier, not the founder status. A founder needs to gift you the adventurer tier ($40) or higher. When you get the gift, you will have both your current pledge, and the new one. You will need to submit a ticket to support to have things merged at that point.

19. Elite Cow

Elite Cow Avatar

Okay but what about the part where it says 2 payments of $10 = $20. for Royal Artisan, is this correct even though since I am only Adventurer and Royal Artisan is actually another $45?

20. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

If you had a founder tier pledge already, it would be another $20. If you are adventurer, and started an upgrade to founder, then tried it again, it may show founder as an existing payment plan. I'd look over the entire page, and when in doubt contact support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.