What are things like Black Cutworm and Aortic Thrombus for?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnL, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

There are a number of rare drops (including the ones I've mentioned) in the game that currently serve no purpose. Originally we were told that these resources were there for future expansion. But no uses have ever appeared and they are just confusing, especially for new players. Given the imminent game release date and, I'm sure, busy work schedule of the Devs might it not be simpler to just remove these otherwise confusing resources?

Perhaps Cutworms could be replaced by Beetle Carapaces and Thrombus' replaced by Suet? This seems to me as if it could be achieved with little effort and avoid the confusion and frustration of new players, collecting them and then finding that they have no purpose other than to generate a bit of gold from NPC vendors. Just a thought...

Paladin Michael likes this.
  2. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Pretty sure they can never be used for anything as there are quite a few people that are hoarding them in the hopes they become useful thinking they'll be rich. I'm not a Thrombus millionaire but I have quite a few of them.

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

It's common in games that some loot is for selling only, I think new players can figure it out like we all did at some point. Learning how the economy in the game works can be a fun challenge.

4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

The Cutworm grants a good price for new players, if they sell them.
    I am with you: Beetle Carapace seems more rare than some artifacts ;)

5. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

I was going to give you a smart ass response but simply put ... there is no need to be rude.

The main flaw with your argument is the fact that it has "crafting reagent" in it's description. Now I would not be surprised if these were used in Either Brewing which is coming or New potions that will be coming out.

6. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

Sorry about the wording in my post, I can see how it sounded rude. My reasoning is that I don't want everything to exist for the players, it's more fun to think of it as a world where we can use some items, and others.. maybe they are used by the NCP:s that buy them. :) But sure, maybe it shouldn't say crafting reagent in the description.

Witcheypoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.