What does percent stealth mean?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Jaanelle DeJure, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Skills like Silent Movement and Shadow Form list a % steal per skill level... what does the % refer to?

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

% chance to succeded / % Effectiveness but since so many skills are just still place holders there is really no knowing how they actually work. Since there is no real counter skill, and auto attack automatically reveals it is all just a guess.

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Actaully the silent movement effectiveness directly relates to how easy mobs can see you. Theres a massive dif even in 20 skills between mobs pulling you out of it or not.
    Or it might just be in my head.

Jaanelle DeJure and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

A lot of subterfuge and moon magic dont really make sense yet. Last telethon Darkstarr mentioned that the moon magic spells of vanish and shadow form would be more powerful than camouflage and sneaking but it certainly doesnt seem like that when you look at the effectiveness of each. Subterfuge seems to be a lot better.

Its my sense that since this is a "newer" skill tree, that still isnt fully implemented, that it will continue to get tweaked as we move forward. To @Weins201 point, it is quite frustrating that auto-attack can instantly target you but i'm confident that will be fixed in the future. :)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Jaanelle DeJure and Weins201 like this.
  5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I am a Moonmage amongst other things for RP reasons, but also because i would like to walk along Bandits, Guards etc... without beeing noticed.
    But it didnt work, even in T2 Scenes, although my Shadowwalk is beyond 60.

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  6. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Level 100 camoflauge is 100% stealth. Level 100 silent movement is only 73.3% stealth... at 73% you can get pretty close to a mob while at 30% you're seen a ways away.

These percentages also go into the calculation for sneak attack damage (higher % stealth means more damage).

MrBlight and Jaanelle DeJure like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.