Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What have you done to my beautiful house??????

Discussion in 'Release 34 Bug Forum' started by Sophi, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

9/28/2016 2:45 PM

Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?No
    Details: HOLY SMOKES!!! I built a beautiful house, shingle 2 story with balcony.. it was a bit shabby on the outside, true - but I really liked it! it had a nice interior and a lot of character (also it took me a ton of trees )... NOW ITS ABSOLUTELY HORRID!!! what have you done??? THIS MUST BE A BUG!!! please, please, please put it back the way it was!
    the outside is wiped clean and just plain white - yuck! -- including under the wooden porch?

the INSIDE IS YELLOW and the grossest, ugliest thing i've ever seen!!! *crying*

WHY?
    WHY?
    WHY DID YOU DO IT????

interior before:

[​IMG]

interior after:

[​IMG]

OMG you changed them ALL???? My Brittany Alley's house looks like this also!!
    WHY??????????????
    this is hideous!
    it was fine, why oh why did you go and change it into this horror???

i now feel like i WASTED a TON of wood building this house and a 4 story row house that i'm now going to just THROW AWAY because they are SO aweful!

Were they just too popular?

I wish I had never crafted these houses.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 24515
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 2016
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.401.Date.09.28.16
    Area: PRT_island_metropolis_01
    Loc: (-83.0, 89.2, -59.2)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Archer, Womby and Doctor like this.
  2. Doctor

Doctor Avatar

Hello Portalarium. I must admit, what you've done here is completely a step backwards. Okay the exterior you can get away with, but the interior design of the walls is appalling. It's unfair to go ahead with these changes without showing the community a before and after picture like Sophi has done above and just assume the community will be fine with it. Please could you at least revert the changes made inside the house if it's not too difficult. I've checked out several places in Brittany Alleys and the furnished homes look horrid to say the least because of the yellow colour, odd lines across the wall as if there was some sort of flood.

I hope you take into consideration what has been said and make the minor change of the interior and change it back to wood. Thank you kindly for your efforts.

Womby likes this.
  3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please list the exact name of the house for me to review further. Thank you.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please list the exact name of the house for me to review further. Thank you.

5. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

You made teal eyed leopard cry!!

Alley Oop likes this.
  6. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

Dear Attenwood,
    it's the Shingle 2 story village home with balcony, also the other shingle homes of the Brittany Alleys style -- apparently it's not a bug after all, I read in the release notes for R34 that they've been changed on purpose.
    They're just really horrible. :(

Doctor likes this.
  7. Womby

Womby Avatar

I too prefer the previous interior. If only the game supported home renovations, I could fix my row house in Brittany Alleys. In QA it looks like it has been subjected to repeated flooding.

lollie likes this.
  8. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

We have seen this type of design before in some of the earliest free pledge houses.

What our folks objected to was the fact that in the process of making them looked lived in or to give the effect that the building had been around for a long time it can sometimes end up looking like a bunch of homeless people have been living in it and, um, using the walls, etc., if you get my drift. Might be appropriate for some NPC buildings, but generally speaking, players prefer a more "kept up" look to their houses. The peeling paint, dirty walls/floors/etc. are just not that appealing.

lollie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.