what if... ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fonsvitae, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

Remember the old, What If? comics published by Marvel Comics? Where scenarios from the past were revisited to see how different things would've been had... things been different? Well...

What if Raph Koster was enticed to jump on board the SotA team? Koster was one of the key persons responsible for much of what made UO a desirable game, a person with a keen mind toward many of the things that matter most to persons who enjoy SotA. Koster's name is synonymous w/ vision, not only in design, but also in story; his experience and expertise would benefit this game immeasurably.

A look at his website doesn't show him to be working on any particular game; his schedule seems to be more along the lines of speaking tours, at the moment. So then, how about that @Lord British : Raph Koster for a beautiful and bountiful SotA?

[​IMG]

amarious, Aeryk, Vyrin and 1 other person like this.
  2. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

I love Raph, more through SWG than UO as it turns out, but I would say that his real skill-set would have been best used 5 years ago when planning SotA.

Raph stepping in now wouldn't do a heck of a lot. The game has already gone in certain directions that are basically irreversible no matter what ideas he had.

Mykll likes this.
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

A big thing i liked about uo could easily be a thing here.

I know tools for player created adventures are on theway

4. sake888

sake888 Avatar

Koster's presence would only screw up what the current team has decided they want the game to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.