What information do you need to start adding the maps back to Adventure Scenes?

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Anpu, Feb 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I was finally watching the stream from Atos (2 days ago) and I believe(?) it was determined that the Adventure Scenes were going to be using the existing in game map system and then would need to be set up and put back in.

If this has not yet been determined (I completely get that this is complicated), that's totally cool. I'll just keep patiently waiting.

If that HAS been determined to use the existing map system to Adventure Scenes all I want to know then is what information do you need to get this back in the game now?

There may, or may not be any information we could provide you, but if to get this back in the game now, all you need now is some information, please let me know. I will stop everything and go get all that information for you right now.

I'd assume you would need:

1. The Adventure Scene Map name, and if it currently does or does not have a map.
    2. The 4 cardinal compass points on the map scene (I *assume* you triangulate the players position on the map with these 4 coordinates. I don't actually know if that is how it works though).
    3. Does the scene actually have a generated map (this I can't tell you though).

Please let us know if we can be of any assistance with this task. I am very happy to help with this at any time.

Thank you!

2. Toular

Toular Avatar

I second that.

3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

You are such a swell avatar, @Anpu !

Cordelayne, Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  4. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

We have this on the task list (as you know). There is hardware and server setup that needs to occur for the web maps, so that is a process that Chris and I are working on. @Undone is going to be working to get the newer in game map system into a state where we can start updating the maps and get missing ones into the game.

Having a list of scenes with maps that are missing will be helpful when we get to that point, but please wait until I post details on how and what we will be doing (I want to make sure that we have the tech all in line, because the number of maps needed may change).

I will be managing the maps as we move forward, we just need to get some groundwork completed so we can move forward. :) Once there, I think you all will be thrilled with the speed and results. :D

Bear with us, this is a huge task.

Wilfred, FrostII, Cordelayne and 3 others like this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Thank you very much @Ravalox and @Undone , I know this will be a huge task to complete. Just give us the word, and I (as well as other people) will be happy to provide you with any information in any way to make this huge task easier for you to complete. I will await your post on what information you need.

Just want to help with this in anyway possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.