What is the benefit or reason behind having the option to send a stored lot or basement to the bank

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Sea Bear, Mar 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

I have not used the Property Manager before, but I am thinking about storing some lots I have created so I can move them to a different part of my town at a future date if need be or if I migrate the town to the new lands some time in the future I can, and also to just store them away until next season.

Went to the Play Guide to get some understanding n how the Property Manager works. I read this part and am wondering why one would need or want to send a stored lot to the bank?

Sending Stored Lots and Basements to Your Bank: You have the option to send all of the contents of a storage slot to your bank. To do so, right-click on a storage slot and select the “Send to Bank” option.

Is it so you can use that slot to save another lot or basement to it as long as the first one, is in your bank being stored?

If so then that makes me wonder why one would need to buy extra property manager storage slots if that were the case? Must be a different reason?
    can someone enlighten me?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

partially it's a holdover from when we didn't have a property manager, but it's actually very convenient in the right circumstances. a couple off the top of my head:

you have lost something through a wall or floor or while dungeon building and don't want to wait for a support ticket and don't mind rebuilding

you are moving from a village lot to a town lot. cannot be done through property manager, so you're going to have to re-deco. without send to bank, you must pick everything up individually
    * yes, unclaiming the lot will do that anyway, but maybe you want to keep the lot, just move the stuff on it

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

So you cannot save a village lot with a home, decorations and a basement on it.
    Then send it to your bank for storage.
    Then go claim another (2nd 0r 3rd, 4th, 5th lot) that is a bigger size lot and then go pull the saved village home ,decorations and basement from your bank and place that onto the bigger lot? It has to be the same size lot in order to transfer the saved home.

Are we going to be able to transfer any saved decorated lots with homes on them to the new land mass if we decide to move our POT up there?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

we have not heard, but i would think so given that some towns are moving to the new lands. i would expect that to just be moving the overworld entrance and any in-town links, not resetting the whole thing

5. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

Thank you Alley Oop !

+2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.