What is the intent to meet pledged lot demand?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Bubonic, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

You may appreciate this thread that lists a lot of town names from May 2014. If someone finds this outside of dev+ please post the link.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Nobody said they were hiding it. Again, the blame game and attempt to make it into something it's not is annoying. Rather than people having to hunt all over creation to find information, wouldn't it behoove everyone to have it compiled in a central spot?

That's what I'm asking for myself, and I think it would avoid having threads like this where some folks know where to look, and some don't. It's not an attack to ask questions. It's not disparaging to expect clear communication.

3. Black Orchid

Black Orchid Avatar

lost my connection lol
    I was just about to say im glad im in a pot otherwise i would be camping on the beach
    oops missed that one thanks . yeh your right there is room for more at the top part of the map .

4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

A good spot to go is to scroll through all the announcements, that's where I usually look for stuff and it's pretty central. I know that everyone looks for information in their own way. I'm trying to be helpful - not assign blame.

I guess I could have said the number of backers was released multiple times in the past. I have edited the post.

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I totally agree with you that it would be better to have all that information in a central spot. We have an FAQ that is out of date. We have sections of the website that are incomplete (like housing).

Not trying to be snarky here, but that takes time, money, and resources that obviously we don't have. We can't have it all. We can only have the best game that the time, money, and resources allows. You have to pick your poison.

The devs published those numbers multiple times in an email to all backers. Could they have centralized it? Yes, but then we'd be paying for it somewhere else.

6. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

They are announcing the final wipe, and planning for the huge Land Rush event when the servers go live. No offense, but now is the time to do it. There has been enough controversy and drama around the entire housing thing (which again, this is not passing judgement either way about), that in my opinion it needs to be addressed and headed off at the pass NOW. Should folks have been paying more attention in the last two years? Maybe so. At the same time, there has not been a lot of movement about it until just very recently when the Telethon and the final wipe was announced.

There's a lot of information scattered about, and constantly changing as things move forward. One central resource is a lot easier to maintain and update, and would keep folks better informed.

Xenolivar Woengus likes this.
  7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The community should probably create an update FAQ on another website then. That gives clear and concise information on the most important topics. The devs don't have time to don't appear to have time to do this.

But back to the OP. The devs have given an answer to all this. I'm not against people asking them "how" they will accomplish this. Or even voicing an opinion that they don't like this. I don't enjoy the assumptions and rhetoric that goes with it though. It seems like it's sometimes overly skeptical, imo.

KuBaTRiZeS and Miracle Dragon like this.
  8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I may politely remember everyone that the amount and tier of pledges is mentioned at time of writing and may be WILDLY different on the night of 27th july?

We cannot be sure that nobody below baron can access NPC towns. Actually, every new pledge ABOVE or BELOW baron will add 1.3 lots. The more new pledge we will see, the lower the chance of NOT having a place in NPC town (but never equal to zero, or to one, for that matter).

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

greystone was replaced by kahli. sotamap is wrong to list them in two different locations.

10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I think during the telethon Star said something like 40 more npc places that will be put out by final wipe. From looking at the map I assume the majority of those are PRT's? Or maybe there's more that aren't listed on this map, not sure...

Looking at the cities/towns/villages yet to come (Marked on this map) there are 9 Braemar sized villages(not sure what the one near Blood River is that could be 10th?)........ 5 major cities (the blue highlighted ones on the map)......and 5 more Kingsport/Solania sized towns to go.

*Edit* Port Graff should be highlighted green since it's solania sized on the map sorry bout that.*

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Wow, did this blow up. OP asked a leveled question, a few of you jumped all over him. @Bubonic is a pretty level headed guy, if he is concerned with this imagine what others will.

I think if you dismiss others concerns the same way you do his it won't go well.

12. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

If i counted right that map shows 29 NPC towns (Valhold, Mud, Noreach, Goti, Estgard, Harvest, Point West, Westend, Vertas, Aerie, Storms Reach, Xenos, Etceter, Jaanaford, Resolute, Northwood, Brittany, Kiln, Celestis, Solania, Ardoris, Soltown, Desolis, Broochash, Eastmarch, Brookside, Lake, Port Graff and Graff Island(I think this is one could be part of port Graff). Then there are I believe 3 on Hidden Vale (Owl's Head, Braemar, Kingsport). Thats 32 NPC towns so far indicated in some way by my count. Leaving 8+ either not being mentioned yet or being PRTs(16 already in game) if they are included in the 40+ towns on the pre-wipe features list.

13. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Would it be that difficult for Portalarium to add more plots to the existing NPC towns? With how large scenes are, I do not understand the concern in the OP.

As a post script - please remember when posting to keep it civil, taking the Forum Rules into consideration.

14. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Honestly, I don't know if that's a good idea. They already feel pretty empty....that would make it even worse....

15. Draconin

Draconin Avatar

Something that is weird to me, and I apologize OP if this isn't in line with what you're asking, is when I see Knight Marshal Fortresses and Lord mansions in these semi-small PRT's. Its especially peculiar for the Lord manors imo. I can understand if someone just enjoys having their town lot there but I sometimes wonder if that is the only spot they had available. Just from an immersion standpoint, I'd be hard pressed to believe some rich noble wants his beautiful, expensive home sitting in the backwoods with his vendor selling mosquito repellent lol. I'm a Knight myself with only a village lot so its easy for me to see myself there to help defend the people or something.

People can have this fantasy fleshed out in their mind about the lifestyle of their character. When the realization sets in that your manor may end up in the Kentucky backwoods (no offense meant), then I can understand some anxiety and questions about available lots.

Just a thought :)

Svahn, Aldo, Miracle Dragon and 2 others like this.
  16. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

I'm hoping that the PRTs will have different biomes. So far some have been these "backwoods" communities and there have also been island paradises. Some could be mountain retreats or a desert oasis. I could see the "rich nobles" wanting beachfront property.

KuBaTRiZeS, 4EverLost and Ice Queen like this.
  17. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Snowy biome for me :)

18. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Honestly I think all those who are dismissive just fail to do the math.

Take keeps for example. 147 Dukes + 30% = 191. There are 5-10 in game right now, I don't know all the PRT's. Let's be generous then and say they have 180 keep lots still to add. Even if they add 3 per settlement, which they haven't done so far, that's 60 NPC Towns/PRT's. What? Will they really add 60 settlements (conservative estimate) between now and July? Meaning 10 per release?

Unless they are going to include some POT usage in the numbers (which was never part of the plan) then I don't really no how they are going to do it except cut and paste dozens of PRT's with poor location keep lots.

Until we get further information, there is a legitimate concern here. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but the need to add 180 keep lots from now until land rush in six releases seems outsized. The situation in the other tiers isn't much different.

19. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

It does make those properties worth a lot more though, doesn't it?

Ice Queen, KuBaTRiZeS and Vyrin like this.
  20. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Thanks guys. Its nice to know I'm not 100% crazy.

Vox Aquila, Aldo, Dame Lori and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.