What is the plan for Equipment?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rune_74, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owain

Owain Avatar

I think enchanting has been mentioned, but I'm only aware of very preliminary designs. I don't know if anything has been firmly announced. Since Rune doesn't want what can be crafted by the best players, maybe it's not much.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

We both know that is not what I said. I said I didn't want a mastercrafted sword as a reward....I wanted the chance to find a magic item. The master crafted items are from UO...for that system which this game is different from.

3. Owain

Owain Avatar

So I'm confused, then. Weren't you talking about what will be available in SotA? If what is available in SotA fills the bill, why mention what was the case in UO, and not celebrate what we will have in SotA? We aren't going to have what was available in UO.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  4. Sir Korvash

Sir Korvash Avatar

Either way, I've said my piece. Personally I would hope what I have envisioned, is the end result. However a) I know there is still a lot of development needed, and b) it might not be desirable for everyone.

And I will say this as respectfully as possible, but I would suggest the 2 of you leave your personal differences, and animosity off the forum. I doubt it will end well. And as I said, its just a suggestion, its your choice if you want to continue.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk

Joviex and Jambot like this.
  5. Owain

Owain Avatar

I'm being very polite in these most recent posts. Where do you see animosity?

6. Angor

Angor Avatar

The way I understand the plan, is that even if you find a great item, it will have been crafted by a player that has been sold to an NPC or possibly looted off a player by the "Monster / Boss".
    I may have misunderstood this, but that's what I have come away with. However a lot of things can change between now and release. So all wishes and wants should be made known to the developers.

so it stands to reason that "they" are thinking about being able to craft magical and or enchanted items.

7. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Again, Captain Jack agrees here. If there isn't loot in the dungeons, decent cool magical unique loot that hasn't been rushed out the door by Blacksmith McFly, then Captain Jack isn't going anywhere near the dungeons. Captain Jack will then just complete what is required for main story line inside of 10 or 15 hours and then just flag PvP, pick one of the two factions which these games usually devolve into, and start PKing people going into those dungeons at their entrances.

Spawn-camping of the Avatar will be born. And it will be great.

8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

In the other thread that I described the MOB loot profile (hopefully I portrayed the intent correctly) Link for reference

My example was Lord British commissioned a weapon. Many people would submit their weapon. Some will make Bladebane others might make some other high end weapons (it is LB you go big or go home) These weapons would seed the loot tables of many high end dungeons.

Lord British would not commission a lot of weapons in this nature. Maybe a local Lord or even a crafting guild. They wouldn't be able to pay out as well so the weapons gathered for the loot profile would not be as high end. Seeding of the rest of the MOBs would be from either these lesser weapons (or other types of equipment) or generically produced out of thin air. This would allow for loot of a more common nature to drop from MOBs.

When someone makes a Bladebane and trades it in with this kind of system they are still compensated for the work. Someone looting that weapon doesn't hurt the crafters they got paid for their work. The delivery to the customer was different, unique.

9. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I like the idea that best equipment comes from crafting, it gives much more meaning to crafting and this is an area I feel SOTA shines in compared to other games on the market.
    Not against players being able to find some unique or good items questing this should be a given but I think the best stuff should be reserved for crafting, I feel I would be disappointed if this wasn't the case.

Siriustar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.