What is your vision of Attunement

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Enfo, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numa

Numa Avatar

I think that the stronger your attunement grows in one school , say Fire, then the fizzle rate should increase in the opposing school(in this case Water). So you become more and more reliant on reagents as time goes on.

Another possible twist is that the fizzle rate lessens when you're casting a spell that has an element inherent in the environment that surrounds you. So a Water mage has less difficulty casting spells near the lake but a Fire mage casting the same water spell is not only hindered by the conflict between his attunement and water nature of his spell - the surrounding environment will make the casting even more difficult.

End result is that the Fire mage has no choice in this scenario but to depend on his fire magic. Rough idea, definitely can be improved. Fizzle rate is after all a side effect of resistance.

2. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

I just really LOVE !!

3. Gix

Gix Avatar

I like the suggestion on fizzle as it increases choices concerning which armour you'd wear. My only concern is that fizzle is supposed to be a mere hindrance and this has a risk of making fizzle too much of a big deal.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Miracle Dragon likes this.
  4. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I have never been a fan of any system that forces specialization, especially when it denies access to something else as a result. I'm a fan of rewarding the player with something for taking something, not penalizing them.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

But moonshadow, you forgot that the all seeing eye, the crown of mordor is the one controlling all magic in this realm.

Thats right... a lieutenant of Melkor is the source of all magic :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.