What sorta combat mechanics will this game have?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Famine, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Famine

Famine Avatar

Hullo, so I was browsing SotA

Game looks great, awesome visuals, player movement/animations, the way the cities/enviroment look is amazing.

Now, I am not talking about PvP, because PvP is just the combat mechanics applied to player vs player combat...

I know its a PRE-Alpha at the moment, so obviously they just have very basic combat and expectations are low, but I was wondering what sort of combat mechanics the devs are shooting for....I am hoping that they are trying for a mix of Ultima Online / Asheron's Call with some Mount and Blade I think that would totally kick butt!!!, although if they choose to go the route of World of Warcraft or Guild Wars style combat I will not be playing this game.

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

3. Famine

Famine Avatar

Thanks for the link Nraas,

Those ideas look great, but it all depends on how its implemented, they could be implemented great, or terrible...like I want to know how the mechanics "feel", in games like UO, Asheron's Call and Darkfall you feel like your totally in control of your character, how you play the character greatly effects what you do, rather then just rely on grinded levels/skills (think WoW or Guild Wars2).

One example of a game that great intentions/ideas for combat mechanics was Mortal Online, but the way it was implemented (at least originally, I havent checked the game out in like two year) was god-awful, and the company lost hundreds of thousands if not millions of potential players

I guess all we can do is wait, I think its great the the devs have previously stated that the current combat system (in the pre-alpha) is just a placeholder, because not to be harsh, but the current implementation just play sucks =/

4. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Yeah, we really just don't know. They have some pretty wild ideas and while there are many long threads complaining about how it might work, I think we've resolved to wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.