What to do with scraps

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Bonulino, Nov 15, 2023.

1. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

I have figured out how to utilize metal scraps and leather scraps. What can I do with wood scraps and fabric scraps?

FrostII and that_shawn_guy like this.
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

https://sotawiki.net/sota/Wood_Scrap
    "Wood Scrap is a refined material that is used to craft various items. It can be obtained from salvaging items, or found as loot from various creatures or found in containers.
    Players can turn in Wood Scrap ×150 at the Ardoris, Harvest, or Xenos storehouse manager for a common daily reward."

https://sotawiki.net/sota/Fabric_Scrap
    "Fabric Scrap is a Refined Material. Players can turn in Fabric Scrap ×150 at the Ardoris, Harvest, or Xenos storehouse manager for a common daily reward."

They are also used in crafting recipes

FrostII, Rinaldi and Tirrag like this.
  3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

To elaborate on what @that_shawn_guy said...
    If you have scraps that you do not plan on using for crafting, then the scraps can be put into the daily storehouse containers for a daily reward.
    The daily store house containers are a daily quest: every 24 hours in real life you can drop 4 stacks of items into a common container and 1 stack of items into an uncommon container (but you should only turn-in the number of items the container asks for, giving more than that will just be wasted).
    Each time you drop items into the container, you get XP, gold, and various other items (sometimes you can get artifacts & books of learning).
    There are 12 locations that have storehouse containers, and each location has a different combination of items that can be turned in.
    See this link for details and to find the location that accepts the type of items you want to turn in.

I have way more wood scrap that I ever use, so I sell some to other payers and I use the rest to complete the daily storehouse quest.

But if you want to use the scraps in crafting, the recipes that use those scraps are shown in the links that @that_shawn_guy provided above.

FrostII, Tirrag and that_shawn_guy like this.
  4. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

Thank you all so much. You have been a great help. :D

FrostII, Rinaldi and that_shawn_guy like this.
  5. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

I use wood scraps to make wood pulp for making scrolls and blank books.

StarLord likes this.
  6. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

Is there a recipe for that somewhere?

7. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Wood pulp is in the wood scraps link provided by @that_shawn_guy - the wood scraps webpage lists the items that can be crafted from wood scraps (including wood pulp); however the list is split onto two pages, so you have to scroll down to the bottom of the list and click "further results" to see the final item (which is for wood pulp). This extra part of the list is not obvious and is often overlooked, so I point it out because it may be helpful when you look at other lists in the wiki.

The direct link to the wood pulp recipe is https://sotawiki.net/sota/Wood_Pulp
    The items that can be crafted from wood pulp are listed at the bottom of that webpage, but again, you must click "further results" to see all of the items.
    From that list you can click on scrolls, or blank books, or whatever, to access the full recipe for those items.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
    StarLord and vulcanjedi like this.
  8. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

Again, I am most appreciative for everyone's kind help.