What would draw me back into the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oplek, Oct 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oplek

oplek Avatar

I'm not usually an advocate of PVP. I've said I'd drop the game like a hot potato if I was ever forced into PVP. My biggest gripe with online PVP is the usual lack of good sportsmanship (this community isn't too bad in that regard).

That said, what I'd really love is for Ep 2. to have a new continent that's full loot PVP. This can be in addition to the storyline-based continent expansions. It'd feature:
    1. Conquerable towns (if you take over city hall, your guild gets control)
    2. Resource-built militia - grow food to feed NPC militia, and dump crafted items to equip them (they'd just go into a process that abstractly improves them), property taxes help recruit them. These militia members would help protect the town while the people are away.
    3. Roving encounters can attack towns. This could include dragons, unicorns, farmers, etc. Also, sieges would matter - you'd actually have to win.
    4. Abstract dungeon creation for utility
    5. Combat-based structures and decorations (like the crossbow turrets we find here and there) / traps / etc
    Port seems to insist on specially designing/producing everything, but frankly, I wouldn't care if they just slapped a few cloned generic adventure scenes, and sprinkled plenty of towns.

The dungeon creation they're working on is interesting, but I feel like "does the game need just more adventure zones?" It feels like many mechanics in the game - unrealized potential.

I do understand some objections,
    • This is brought up before - I know. I'm just saying.
    • It would devalue POT owners, and their ability to fill the towns. - Maybe we make them non-conquerable and offer free moves into the new continent.
    • It would split the game population, diluting it - Maybe we have some ability to let people know where the player activity is? I'm more likely to feel less lonely if I know there's people 2 towns over, than just not knowing.
    • It would distract from the Episodic content - One, I think we need a drastic change. Two, I think this can be done by mostly recycling existing game mechanics and objects. I don't need everything to be individually hand-crafted. I'm fine with this being as recycled as possible, with some new mechanics.
    As I've said before. I need projects. I need goals beyond paying property taxes, collecting stuff, and leveling up.

2. oplek

oplek Avatar

Also, a big point, I'd want to keep the first continents - Novia and New Haven, as-is. Leave those for the newer players and those who want to keep doing what they're doing. I also was specifically wanting to keep quest/storyline content *out* of the PVP zones, so that you didn't have to go PVP to access it. This would just be for territory and PVP.

Edit: And I might even make it so you couldn't bring in items from the non-PVP continents. You'd have to leave that at the door.

Edit: And no NPC vendors. Everything must be crafted/gathered. Coal would probably be extremely valuable.

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

As they already sold pot moving tokens to the new lands. I don’t think it will be a PvP full loot area.

4. oplek

oplek Avatar

Yes, which is why I specified a different new continent aside from the planned continent expansions.

5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Not really a fan of the 2nd new continent area idea at all. The Dev team already has a ton of stuff already in the works and doubt they have the manpower to accomplish it. Besides, they are already working on mechanics for guild based town sieges and I think Chris has a whole island of the new continent dedicated to this.

But just wanted to ask...you edited this post twice and didn't notice either time you named Hidden Vale as New Haven?

6. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Go ahead, suggest anything. Heck, the devs do.

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.