What's going on with SotA?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Paladin Michael, Jul 8, 2016.

?

Do we need such things in SotA?

1. When the game and all promised features are finished, well if you don't have to do better things?;)

33.3%
  2. The reason why I am playing - low-budget - SotA :)

8.3%
  3. No - we don't need such things.

58.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Well, the story of the Avatar. The path of love, courage and truth.
    Very fine things. From the moment of Ultima IV I was impressed of a game including virtues!
    On the path to be a better being ...

And now, I see an Add-on like

Puke & Drunk Emotes (digital)

I saw it - and really, I thought "this must be a joke!"
    Isn't it? (1st of April in our world could be 1st of July in SotA?)

There is no time for doing things better, we would very much like to be done - but there is time for such -excuse me- vulgar things?

I think, there would be better virtues and skills to show.
    What about medieval dances?
    But before doing such things, the main story lines should provide enough to do, or not?
    That's the main reason for playing. A good story. A very good and fascinating story.
    Story is much more important as gameplay and "funny" pukingscenes, or not?
    Right, the scene in GOONIES, where the boy tells the pukingstory in cinema is funny.
    But as a part of a story - and we must not see it ...

Well, just my opinion.

Hail Avatars!

Mykll, Xandra7, Alexander and 3 others like this.
  2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

My personal preference is in line with what you describe - I wish the world of SotA were more cohesive. For example, I would rather have medieval dances than the Macarena, or Starlton. However, tastes differ and the devs have to give their audience what they want. At least drinking and puking is probably not an anachronism for a medieval setting. :)

The people working on the story are not the same people who are creating animations, so if the puke emote had not been created, the story would still not be any more complete. And the money from the sale of the emote will help support further development of the game. So although I don't like it, I'm glad if other people open their wallets to buy it :D

OrionSnake, Skizz, Mata and 1 other person like this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Don't you think people who inflicted with plague or other illnesses back in medieval time would cough and puke until they die?

Also what else they would be doing at night after a long day at work? There weren't internet and electricity back in those days, so they would have to hit up the tavern instead. They wouldn't just go there to drink orange juice, yes?

4. Mata

Mata Avatar

Herzlich willkommen Sir Michael!

Ich mag es auch nicht, aber solange ich die Möglichkeit habe es nicht anwenden zu müssen, ist alles Ok. ;)

5. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

You don't need to see any of this in Singleplayer... I have the feeling that will be the mode you will be most happy with.

Granted we don't need any of this. We need more sandbox content.

Mykll likes this.
  6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Jedem das seine schätze ich.
    Zugegeben, den puke emote fand ich auch drüber.
    Aber am ende bin ich wegen der Sandbox hier und nicht wegen der Story ;-)

7. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

But wouldn't it make more sense to create interesting and cool animations for the NPCs that make sense in SP and MP instead of waste time and money creating puke emotes for MP only?

Mykll likes this.
  8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The puke emote (dosne't matter if you like it or not) will make money while animations for npcs won't. Plus i am pretty sure npcs can use all player emotes.
    Still i find myself agreeing with you.

Mykll likes this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

My kids thought the puke emote was the funniest thing they'd ever seen. Here, let me show you again what I just said, FUN-niest.

The point of the OP is essentially "I don't find this emote to be in good taste and I don't find the value of it." Well some people do find the value in it and they love that it's not in good taste. There are a lot of things in this game (and most games) that I wouldn't waste my time on. For example, I would not waste my time on single player online functions because I would not have that mode as a part of this game. I personally would just take the multiple player version of the game and make it playable in single player mode. But that's just me, the developers are taking a lot of time to make single player mode it's own gaming experience that will have differences from multiplayer so that people that find single player mode of value will have fun.

The spring telethon rewards are another great example of this. I don't like and won't use any of the spring telethon rewards. I think the choice of pets was horrible (for me) and the flower crown was something I'll never use. But there are people that were really happy with those things and so I tried to focus on giving feedback as to what kinds of things I'd enjoy in the Summer telethon (i.e. hourglass). I probably won't get what I want, but I'll survive and whatever we get will be used for roleplaying someday, somewhere, just like the puke emote.

Acred, GraveDncer and Astor Cerberus like this.
  10. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

As of right now there are not that many differences between SP and MP and I hope that this will change DRASTICALLY until release. So I hope that you are right but I fear that what we will get is an offline MP mode... I just hope that I am wrong...

Hmmm... One could argue that AAA animations for NPCs would make the game sell better ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.