Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

When can I afford a good sword?

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Mitara, Aug 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

Seems to me that just about everybody and their dog is producing items. Thats a really good thing I think. At some point... hopefully in the near future... that will mean that the prices on all those thousands of magical swords will really drop down to become really really cheap. Question is when have we produced enough swords for that to happen?

Tahru likes this.
  2. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Um you missed it already. That was when people were skilling blacksmithing and before they started on Masterworking and Enchanting.
    Now cheap swords are used to practice masterwork and enchanting on and then sold at higher prices.

With the changes coming to gathering, the prices of materials will likely continue to rise for some time, so most likely you need to learn to you make your own weapon, or build a relationship to someone that can make them for you.

3. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

I have a few kicking around. Will home from work in 7h.

IGN: King Solomon

Have one on the Owls Head public vendor. Think the 2HS is listed under 3k.

If it's a long sword you need, I can craft a bronze up

4. Daemonborn

Daemonborn Avatar

I have to agree with Rofo. By the time the decent items get down to that cost level, a player can learn the skills and harvest the materials themselves to make them for themselves. You also have to factor into the mix the fact that a crafter needs to at a minimum recover their costs. So some of the current elevated costs come from the fact that material prices still really haven't found their equilibrium quite yet. Just my 2c :)

Ice Queen likes this.
  5. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

Tahru likes this.
  6. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Haha, I did get a rather decently priced Longsword of Tempestry from Spitefully Enchanted Weaponry. Our guild is setting up in the Drachvald region and nobody is quite to the mass enchanting / blacksmithing point yet and I'm going tailoring route myself. Prices for everything just get insane when trying to visit owl's head. Feels like a lot of vendors are still pricing based on income assumptions of pre-wipe wealth. After all the tuning being done to slow wealth accumulation, plus the fact that I am not independently wealthy enough to afford a cash shop property deed and need to save up my in-game gold for that initial steep purchase makes me very sensitive to the pricing.

7. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Exactly why the player economy is going to be tough to get right. With limitless skill points, and no real specialization whats the point of hiring someone for work if you can level it yourself and craft your own stuff, unless of course you dont have the patience to do it. But even then i think the competition will be high so prices will be competitive. I personally think prices are high right now because only a select few can make the good stuff, as more and more people level post persistence i think the prices will drop because it wont be a sought after skill. The crafters with good vendor spots/reputations for cheap prices will win in the end if peeps dont want to craft themselves.

At this time there really isnt any rare recipes that only a select few would have, so if you put the t ime and money into it yo ucan do everything joe blow can do.

Ice Queen likes this.
  8. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Its whats nice about skill caps. You have to choose what you want to do, and hire people for other things. Or create several characters, but that is how it should be in my opinion, especially for a multi player atmosphere. Single player i get it, but multi player everyone can do everything? Whats the point of multi player then?

9. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

It's tough, as raw materials are not all that cheap. Rare materials consume 4x the regular typically as well. Gems are expensive, as is silver. And crap RNG possibilities for breakage or an unwanted bonuses compound it further.

I typically sell at a loss because I skilled off it lol, but my business sense gas never been good :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.