When the "In Jux Sanct" (Magic Reflection) ?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Gatsu., Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

i think that on a PVP this skill can be a very nice feature :)

2. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

At one point they discussed having a pvp skill tree, and that is where most of the stealth/stealing other pvp skills would be. I'm not sure if that got tossed out, but I'm still for a pvp skill tree, and I'd like to see magic reflection in there.

Gatsu. likes this.
  3. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

No one think that this skill (largely used on UO) can be nice to defeat PK or ORDER with a very high level?
    for example 3 mages (40 level) can beat a 80 level mage with this skill (maybe) .. NOW.. the 80 level mage kills all 3 mages on 3 rounds

Example with magic reflection:

first lowlevel mage cast the fire arrow (and the fire arrow return to first lowlevel mage if the highlevelmage has the magic reflection)

now 4 choices...

1) highlevel mage cast the firearrow to first lowlevel (Damage for the first level)
    2) highlevel mage cast a 4 x icearrow (80LVL) to first lowlevel (and kill the first mage)
    3) highlevel mage cast the firearrow to second lowlevel (and the fire arrow return to highlevelmage with damage)
    4) highlevel mage cast the firearrow to third lowlevel (and the fire arrow return to highlevelmage with damage)

second lowlevelmage cast a lighting
    third lowlevelmage cast a lighting
    first lowlevel mage cast a magic reflection (if he is alive)

etc..etc..etc... and maybe there is a chance to beat the 80 LVL mage (focus and cast time are very important on this type of attack/defense)

with actual skills.. appens this:

first lowlevel mage cast a lighting
    highlevel mage cast a 4 x icearrow (80LVL) to first lowlevel (and kill the first mage)
    second lowlevel mage cast a lighting
    third lowlevel mage cast a lighting
    highlevel mage cast a 4 x lighting (80LVL) to second lowlevel (and kill second mage)
    third lowlevel mage cast ROOTS on highlevelmage and... RUN FORREST!!! RUN!!!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  4. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

I hate root. So mandatory.

5. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

+1

Gatsu. likes this.
  6. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

It would make a lot of sense to have a pure PvP tree, since there are tons of abilities that make a lot of sense in PvP that are pointless in PvE in most games. On the other hand, it would be a step away from a true open system, since obviously everyone who PvPs would have to invest into that one tree.

7. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

so if you pvp and invest in the same skills spread across many trees is different than having them all organized in a single tree where it does make sense on skill presentation?

8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Not in favor of a PVP tree. I'd rather see PVP worthwhile skills spread across many trees. This keeps builds diverse and prevents a player from possibly having all of the best skill. Avoid min/max issues. Promote choice and diversity in game.

AvatarAcid and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  9. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

I don't know, when it comes to quintessential PvP skills such as your CC breaker there is a good reason not to put a bunch of them into multiple skill trees, but instead just have one that everyone who needs it can easily access.

10. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

If creatures use CC skills on you a CC breaker could be equally useful in both PVE and PVP. As the AI improves i expect to see creatures using skills as we do (Archers already use disabling shot, bears use knockback). While fighting dangerous enemies with CC skills a CC breaker is interesting.

i'm with Andaluz here (olé!). I want to see meaningful skills, useful in the game. If things are well done there's no need for distinction.

11. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

CC is stupidly annoying when it hits you as a player, but very satisfying to use against enemies, which is why tons of games include it for use against NPC, don't have NPC use it against players, end up having to let the skill be used in a PvP context as well, and then implement breakers and immunity timers to lessen the amount of frustration they produce. Giving the NPC CCs to use against players is basically trying to make a feature that only exists because CC is incredibly frustrating and fun killing in the first place more important by increasing the amount of instances where you need it. Let's call this a rule of design: Don't ever make the game less fun to buff a feature that exists to mitigate the fun killing element.

12. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

That may require some specification; CC is indeed annoying by default when spammed by a zerg of enemies. We already have those in game (Spiders). If used measuredly for mid to high difficulty mobs, CC is meaningful, part of the dangers of combat, And also an attack to be avoided.

CC mechanics generates frustration because nobody likes to lose. Being CC'd is a fast road to losing. Just because they make you lose you can't dismiss them on mobs, it's just matter of implementing it in the right way. My statement stands; meaningful mechanics in PVP may be useful in PVE and vice versa if properly implemented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.