When to switch story lines?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Imorea, May 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imorea

Imorea Avatar

Apologies if this has been mentioned/covered else where but I can't seem to find the specific answer I am after.
    So I have started off in Solace and worked my way to the next area where Arabella is waiting. She has now given me another quest to go to Blood River.
    I am still only just getting to grips with 2 skull maps so is it better to concentrate on the love quest line through to end or keep going back and forth through all 3 quest lines as they each move on to higher tier skull zones.

I can see the advantage of both but also the restrictions of both. just the travelling and gathering side quests doing all 3 at same time is a bit daunting but so is having to grind up skills in order to progress the 1st quest line obviously then doing the other 2 quest lines won't be as much of an issue.

thanks for any advice in advance. and yes I am aware of it's my game play how I want and the way I enjoy. I'm looking for advice on a way to streamline it to maximize play time to fit in and my family and work life.

2. NamelessOne

NamelessOne Avatar

I went back and forth with both my characters. With one, 5 skulls zones were green by the time I did the 3 paths, the other, 5 skull zones were and still are yellow.
    @lizthewiz has a video up that had her crate a new character then go through and do all 3 paths non stop.

Imorea likes this.
  3. Imorea

Imorea Avatar

Thank you for your swift reply, I will give it a go going back and forth, sounds like it should keep it challenging and not to laborious .

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Also the Lunar Rift can zip you back and forth between the 3 starting areas. Just depends on the time. There’s also a handy website to let you know when you might want to use it to head to another town: http://xi6.com/i/sotaclock.html

discipleofweb likes this.
  5. Imorea

Imorea Avatar

Thanks for that Jaesun, that's really useful. I was confused at first on how Lunar rifts worked at first and that will really help.

Jaesun likes this.
  6. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

I jumped around a lot and did some zone quests mixed in along with gathering and killing for gold.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Also all the areas that have the Lunar Rift in Blood River, Highvale and Solace Bridge are all low level adventure areas. So you can run around and experiment on different creatures, and maybe pick up a new side quest or 2.... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.