Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

When will time advancement for offline mode be adjusted?

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Right now, time advances in offline mode like in online mode. When I am not in the game, time advances none the less... This doesn't only feel strange it also brings with it certain problems like taxes for lots.

I play in offline mode because I want to play at my own pace. So sometimes I even don't play for weeks which doesn't matter in other offline game as the time does not advance. I restart at the exact same ingame-day I left the game - no matter how much time has passed in the real world.

In SotA suddenly I am faced with taxes for several weeks - although I play offline! This is annoying.

I know that if time would advance like in any other offline game this would bring the problem with it that when I quit the game at night and start again it would still be night and I would have to wait for day - but this is why we need some sort of time advancement in the offline game - URGENTLY! Sleeping in beds to advance time, making camp in the wilderness...

How it is handled now makes the offline mode of SotA feel even more like an offline MMORPG and not like a true single player RPG!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  2. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Here, here!

3. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

I'm guessing they haven't really thought about it much in the past 3 years lol

4. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

But they should ;) At least now.

5. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Cabrius, seeing all the ultima covers in your post brings memories instantly back. What a time it was. Praise be the glory days of old.

6. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

This is an issue of the utmost importance. It must be addressed if this is truly supposed to offer an offline play experience, rather than a tacked on mode.

7. smack

smack Avatar

I could have sworn I saw a /bug about this, but I can't seem to find it now. Might want to /bug it anyways @Lord_Darkmoon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.