Where are the Biome Templates?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Vaclav, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

At present I have the Forest 01 Biome (Costal Forest) but I have a Metro and from what I understand the Costal Forest template is very constricting compared to the Forest 2, but there is no image of the Forest 2 template for me to compare, my concerns are about the number of and size of water lots in the Forest 2 template, I am very disappointed with the lack of information available on the main websites POT tool especially when there is an order list for your requests being addressed. How can I make a decision that is time sensitive without the information I need to be educated about needed decision?

2. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Hello Friend! Might i recommend that you pay a visit to Hometown? as far as im aware there are wagons there that connect to various Biome templates :)

3. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

I have, but that does not give me a view of the template, in a map format, for me to be able to see the entire area at once, so I can decide on the biome I need, either way we should be able to do this out of game, for the amount of money asked for and I spent, I expected a more informative form, the lack of information directly in the area it needs to be, on the form or linked from the form, is very disappointing. We are given a deadline but not the information to make an appropriate decision before the deadline, there is not even a statement to say where the information can be found all it says is something like more coming later

4. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

Yep, totally agree with the OP

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Account page > Towns tab > click your POT link > select Biome and Template Selection - a map is displayed > click map for a large view
    >select new Biome and new Template Selection > click new map for a large view
    etc

Quick and easy.

6. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

you are wrong, yes some maps are there, but not all, there are many biomes with out maps, for example there are 3 forest templates and only one has a map

Duchess Fionwyn likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Forest 2 is grasslands with trees. Look at that map.

8. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

It would be nice for comparison purposes or for those considering a POT purchase if these were accessible without purchasing a town and then going to edit that town :)

Vaclav and himmelweiss like this.
  9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

:rolleyes: that was some attitude.

Nope I am not wrong. That is where you are supposed to find them as you requested. Feel free to bug report that location to Portalarium if you are not satisfied. This is not a forum they scan frequently, this is mostly player to player stuff, hence why I thought it was actually a question you were posing to be answered.
    Over here is the Feedback and Bug reporting forums which Portalarium goes through:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?categories/release-29.566/

Here is a hint: if you want people to help you frame things like a question instead;
    "I followed your instruction but I couldn't find all maps there, for instance only one of the three Forest templates has a map. Where can I find the rest?"
    See? Exact same message but without the attitude, as such I would even have answered that question for you.

Agreed, and seperate web based Unity instances for each template without having to go through Hometown (which wouldn't limit you to 'walking' around), and clear indications where the default Entrance point is marked on the maps, including the nested Entrance point.

Same as it would have been nice to have seperate web based Unity instances for each Home, just like TheMadHermit had done way back in the day.

10. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

The POT maps are so freaking huge I get lost :p I really did just want a small little holdfast when I first grabbed one, or a little island with room for one house something.

A fly-over/interactive tool would be pretty cool to survey the scene. I don't have Unity etc. but it would be cool to go google-streetview without speed limits on these things :p

Spoon and Duchess Fionwyn like this.
  11. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Grasslands template, just add trees for forest 02 template. There is NOT a tone of water lots in this template.

[​IMG]

Duchess Fionwyn likes this.
  12. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

Anyone else who would like a grasslands template with some ocean coastline?
    Longfall overland map is primarily grasslands surrounded on 3 sides by ocean and a river to the north, but not one beach to go to in the grasslands?

Who is the dev making the template maps anyway. Maybe I can suggest the idea to them before they get all 2-3 grasslands templates done?

Spoon and Duchess Fionwyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.