Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Where are the Different Gems Found?

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Xander Xavier, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vipkiller

Vipkiller Avatar

I had look for myself, the gems are dropping...

Alexander likes this.
  2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Excellent video, thanks!

Vipkiller likes this.
  3. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Update: I just checked again and had two gems drop. Sometimes they drop, and sometimes they don't. It's completely random.
    [​IMG]

4EverLost likes this.
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

They are loot drops around the underdewller "chaos room". And they are pretty consistent, you should get at least one each of the recipes and one each of uncut sapphire and ruby.

I guess it's also not impossible to find a shard or gem of some color in totally random dungeon sack loot (such as in Tower of Shuttered Eye, but it's going to be really rare. I've noticed a lot more empty sacks/empty furniture in the past few releases.

Now I'm going to look to see if I can find recipes for all these damn shards I've accumulated.

4EverLost likes this.
  5. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Your correct about the recipe drops and they have been consistent. However, the gem drops don't appear to be consistent drops. On my first two visits, I found uncut rubies. I decided to drop by a third time because Spoon didn't seem to have any drop for him, which I thought was odd. Sure enough, on my third visit, I didn't get any gem drops at all, only the recipe drops. On my fourth visit, I got the gem drops again, which is shown in my screen shot. I will have to assume at this point that the drops are random, but probably in favor of gem dropping.

Edit: I've never had an uncut Sapphire drop in any of those rooms, and I've been very thorough in checking every sack/container. I've only had uncut rubies, when they do drop.

4EverLost and Spoon like this.
  6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It used to be pretty consistent, but you're right, I've noticed since at least as far back as R25 that the loot rate in general (not just Epitaph) was lower, which has caused fewer gem drops in Epitaph sack loot.

4EverLost and Alexander like this.
  7. Malcipher

Malcipher Avatar

I'm getting the feeling that not only is it subject to harsh RNG but, the accual loot table is small as well with low drop numbers for each item like 0.001 - 0.01 it will normally give an item but due to the low drop numbers it defaults to a creosote or scrap or a broken armor and the gems are on the more "rare" side of the table probably between 0.001 - 0.002

PLEASE NOTE: This is not at all definite information or "real numbers" just using numbers that make this easier to explain from my convoluted brainbox :)

4EverLost and Alexander like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.