Where to mine copper?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jynx, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

What's the best place to mine copper? Don't take scene difficulty into account.

Owl's Nest is great for a beginner, but I'm looking for the Etceter Mine of copper, or at least something that comes close.

Tibbs, Time Lord and Oba Evesor like this.
  2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Isn't the Etceter Mine the Mine for Cooper at the moment ^^?

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

no such beast that I know of.
    There are a good number of nodes at the beggining of Epitaph (Dungeon in Desolis) but the re-spawn very slow.
    There is a secret room in Etceter 3rd floor which used to give you about 25 ore per clear, but after the Etceter nerf only gives 2-4 ore per clear now.
    There is some in Hilt Fortress, but not much and the respawn is slow.

A few other mines have cooper in them but, not much per clear and respawn is slow on all of them.

If you just want Copper, and don't care about the Tin, the best spots seem to be going back to the starting lands e.g. Solace bridge.
    There aren't many nodes but the respawn is high, and with very high meticulous levels can be ok copper yields. (unless they nerfed that too already)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    Time Lord and Lazlo like this.
  4. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

Nope, Etceter gives gold and iron in abundance.

Thank you, Rofo.

I do hope they give copper a bit more love soon.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

All the mines right now are copies of Graff, except Crag.
    Verdantis and Graff are copper.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Doubtful, it's the most valuable Common ore in the game. (all that crit gear needs lots and lots of copper).
    Remember to always save your metal scraps for your copper ingots, Iron is too common to waste scrap on it.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I've been mining copper in Hilt Fortress. There are 8 or so copper nodes in the room right before the obsidian forge, and then three corridors off the undead room which have 4 or 5 each, not to mention all the lovely silver in there. Assuming you can clear the mobs. There are also two passages connecting to the undead room which lead to Paladis Passage and Equitas passage, which contain ore and gems. Paladis passage has a good amount of copper as well as variety of gems, and if you go clear that out and zone back to hilt then you can kill all of that stuff/get all of the copper and silver again, depending on your kill/mining speed may be faster than waiting for respawns.

Its not Etceter, but its best place I've found for it.

Time Lord and Lazlo like this.
  8. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Hmm, I only found 2 corridors of copper off the undead room, with 2 or 3 nodes each. Guess I need to look closer, find the key I'm missing and try out those passages too.

Oh wait, your counting the fire elemental room beside the forge room as the 3rd room of cooper.
    That one has more nodes than the other two, but chasing those fire elementals all over the place is quite annoying to clear out. I will need to check out the other two passages though.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

No, there are three, I'll try to be more specific.

I'm not sure directionality (N/S/E/W) in there from memory but basically:

Where you enter the "Undead Room" you have two raised paths left and right and stairs down in the center (toward Mr. Lich).

On the lower level of the undead room, there are two corridors on your left and right side. Each of them has about 4-5 spawn "points" where copper can be, but they aren't always up. On both sides each of these places has a hard to spot copper node that spawns further from the 'dead end' part of the hallway kind of wedged between the beams.

On the upper level on the Paladis passage side (right, if facing lich from where you enter) there is another dead end corridor with a few copper nodes.

The room with all the elementals has the most copper but there are, as you mentioned, elementals. And they do respawn, even if not looted, so if you're a melee user this can be annoying as they like to get in the lava and fling fire at you. There are three nodes near where you come in from the passage (1 on your left on a rock on the ground, and then 2 on the right on the wall), and then about 8-9 next to the door to the forge room, including a few further to the right of the opening if you kinda walk along the lava edge.

For the sake of completeness, there is silver ore in the obsidian forge room, probably about 10 spots, but again, elementals and obsidian golems are in here. If you kill all of them, all the silvers are lootable, although two require you to stand in lava to mine it, and one is a bit tricky to get without standing on the forge itself and triggering more monster spawns.

There is also silver ore (about 10 "spots", but not all will necessarily be up) just before the chapel-like room at the bottom of the ramp, behind a false wall.

My typical route is entry - kill lich & undead, get all copper, go down, get all silver in secret room, kill ghosts, get all copper and silver from forge room(s), go back up, hit the secret passage silver again, go back up, kill all undead respawns, check all copper places (usually 1-2 have respawned by this point in each location). Nip down and get secret silver room again. Go to Equitas passage and farm citrine for 5 mins, go back in and do it all again. Then go to Paladis passage and farm ruby/onyx for 5 mins (and more copper) then go back in and do it all again. Usually by the time I am too encumbered to function I've got about 2:1 silver to copper ratio and a lot of gem bits and a smattering of Tin.

Its a lot of fighting, but the opening post said to disregard combat requirements >.<
    More interesting than Owls nest and the undead drop lower weight scrappables than the kobolds in Graff & other mines like it.

The Keys drop from the "Deplorable" undead, I'm not sure where their origin point/spawn point is, because when I go in that room everything comes at me, I nip into a side passage to clump them all together so no clue where they started out.

EDIT: I realize from re-reading my post that I have spent far, far too much time in Hilt Fortress. I have not yet named these ore spawns (The cotton bushes in eastreach gap all have names) but I am thinking about it.

Xarras, Zader, Dman1138 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.