Why do I take so long to actually "be in-game"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Synergy Blaize, Mar 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Hi Folks,
    I am hoping the "Brains Trust" here can shed some light on my issue...
    I considered posting this question on Bug Forum, but my issue is not New.
    & also, the Devs are concentrating on Issues related to the New Release...
    My Issue has been happening for 6 months or more....

TLDR: What can cause my Main Char to login....
    & have Disconn Symbol up for between 1 > 2 mins
    https://imgur.com/puXcisu
    (causing inactivity with Social Chat Server > I don't see party messages/or they mine > "Failed to connect to Chat server msg"
    = re-log to fix & still wait 1 > 2 mins for Disconn Symbol to go)
    & my Alt (on same Account) has NO issue?

THE ISSUE....
    Prior to my "new SSD install a day or so ago",
    It could take me up to 2 mins (120 secs) before I could use the social/chat server.
    If I tried to communicate via any "Chat" it would fail & give me a "Failed to connect to Chat server msg" & grp wouldn't see my input...
    (Even if I have been ingame 30 mins.... I would not see any party messages & would have to re-log to fix it & no one would have seen what I had typed)
    I know I wasn't seeing party messages as Hubby would mention party message stuff, which had not shown up for me.

However, my Alt on the same account, logged in quickly, without the disconn symbol & not being able to talk in chat.

I have just installed an SSD & am running the game on it, & it "may" be marginally quicker to complete a "full login"... (many other aspects are vastly improved with the new SSD,) but not this issue...
    This this issue still prevails....

I have culled my "Social/Friend" list to anyone who has not logged in, in 2019, but really, not a significant change noticed.

How come my Same Acct Alt logs in easy & I have to endure the Disconn Symbol?

Has anyone else experienced this?
    If so, what is the cause & how did you fix it?

P.S. Loving the new SSD @Scooby Doo Thank you for ALL of your help in getting me into the "New Age" :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    Scooby Doo likes this.
  2. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

mmm, I would actually bug report this.

The fact that it only happens on one character and not the other makes it sound like it is not an issue on the client side. Sounds like it is some type of data related issue on that character or you would expect it to happen to for all characters from the same client.

Maybe ask Port to try to login to your character and see if they get eh same issue

Regards
    Spung

Jaesun and Synergy Blaize like this.
  3. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Thanks so much for your input....
    I kinda felt it was maybe cos I had a bloated Social list when I accepted Noob friend requests during peak times... = New Release, Christmas/New Year/FTP periods etc ...
    But I kinda feel I ruled that out by culling, the not logging in, in 2019 deadwood...
    I am sure Other players have Social lists as big as mine, if not bigger these days.

I will wait a week or so before reporting, as I feel the Team, is currently focused on NEW issues related to the release & my ongoing issue, may get lost in the current fray they have to deal with.
    I just wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same issue as Me....

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If you're logging in in your hometown, it's loading your house first, maybe that's it?

I get about a minute of disconnect symbol while everything loads but can still do stuff, including chat, the whole time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.