Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Why do skills keep getting locked up? What's the fix after final wipe?

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

As far as I know, skills and spells have been "locked up" in every release. Meaning that for unknown reasons certain skills and spells will stop leveling and there's nothing you can do to get them to start back up again.

My concern is that I haven't always seen these get fixed quickly and I'm wondering if after the final wipe it will be an issue to "flip the switch" for whichever skills and spells get stuck in the future. It's not just an annoying problem, it's a problem that can keep a player from leveling up an entire skill or spell tree if the branch is low enough (for example if you couldn't level up Ice Fist past 10 you'd never be able to level any of the water spells).

So do we have a fix for this? Do we understand why this keeps happening? After the final wipe can we easily fix this problem without performing major gymnastics?

Just wanted to throw this out to the development team now in case we haven't really prepared for this.

Acred, DuKe NuKeM and Time Lord like this.
  2. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

From what I can tell this happens most frequently when I get interrupted while harvesting in "combat" mode. The only fix I've seen is to exit the client and come back in.

My high-level thoughts would be not to disable the skills while we harvest so that they cannot be disabled when we are pulled into combat.

DuKe NuKeM and Time Lord like this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I am curious.. I've never seen this happen ever? If leveling ever stops on a skill, it has always been due to myself not targeting something or having a valid target for the spell.

DuKe NuKeM and Time Lord like this.
  4. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Fister, go into combat mode. Then harvest hide or mine. Notice that your skills grey out in the skill use bar. The problem is that this sometimes happens when you initiate combat. I'm not 100% sure it is tied to harvesting, but this is what I was normally doing just before the problem began.

Baron if this isn't what you are addressing let me know and I'll shush on the topic. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.