Why I put all my gold into Raffle?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by reuge, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reuge

reuge Avatar

It all started out as a joke. Lets put a million gold into the raffle. When I just started out in August, I had to borrow gold to buy mandrake for enchantment. Thinking back, how could I have afforded even 1 ticket.

I had plan for anywhere deeds all the way. Simply, it be more relevant and easier to sell. Then, the mathematics caught up. Anywhere cost 10k, pot cost 5k. I didn't know at the time when I bought it was a gut feel to avoid the crowded anywhere pool. But later the cat was let out. There were 60 million gold in the system.

Assuming half that gold going into each pot. So I took ticket price divided by 30 million, and multiplied it by the number of deeds to be won. That gives me a 2.5% to win 1 anywhere deed and 10% to win a deed in pot draw per ticket. Confirming my initial hunch.

But what to do with all the deeds if I win? Knowing the market would be flooded with them, you be lucky to sell them for half price. In true bandit spirit, Pikegirl suggested a live for free player own town, for all the players who cant afford a deed. Of course, no one would need a house to enjoy this game. But housing is a immersive part of this game, and we think they be missing a fun part if they don't own a place of their own. For all its worth, it could just be a chest holder at best.

In hindsight, we forgot some calculations. Firstly, raffle is dynamic, as much as gold leave the system. New gold are coming in everyday. I estimated about 6-10 million gold enter the system everyday through the daily grind. Hence, the gold in the economy is ever increasing. By the time, after we were vested another 40 million gold could have entered the system. Second, we didn't think the developers will publish the odds to encourage gold inflow into the raffle. Perhaps the gold sink did not hit their target or they didn't want anyone to corner the raffle, or they thought our public announcement was a scare tactic. We have nothing to hide and just hope to do our part for the community. Moving forward we hope they can either publish the odds right from the start on a weekly basis or not do it at all. To be fair to all the participants.

Anyway, we had fun.

Acred, Vaentorian, Elnoth and 20 others like this.
  2. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

I had fun reading your post and like your plans, and now am super curious - how did you do??? Good, bad? How many deeds did you get with 3Mil? :p

Acred, Fiero, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  3. reuge

reuge Avatar

In terms of winning, 79 deeds. Above my worse case of 30 deeds. So I guess I did well. But deeds are flooded so I would think they are worth at most half of add on.

Acred, Fiero, Time Lord and 3 others like this.
  4. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Well said @rednought!

BLoB is a very small guild comprising of Six (rednought), Ihuma, Autumn Willow, Ceryph, Booshi, Kohei, Xilver and me. We believe in hard work, fun and having an occasional flutter at creating a difference in all the games we play.

Half of the guild is inactive at the moment due to RL issues, but when we carry out the Baubbleshire (or whatever the name of the deed free POT hideout Six chooses) project in the days and weeks to come, we hope that the entire SotA community can join in and enjoy the process with us!

Be it through staying in the PoT, trading deeds, grouping, giving constructive advice/comments, or even joining our guild as a fellow Bandit with a heart of gold, anything is possible in this sandbox of Novia!

=Flash Quest= was started in this spirit as well, and through it, we have found Soylent Green as a soon to be member (when his Quest is completed). I've made dozens of new friends and joined community events that I wouldn't have thought of going to prior.

See yall in game soon and BLoB is here to stay with SotA and the community through its difficult early journey and do our little part in making that difference.

Pikegirl out!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Acred, Vaentorian, shathiell and 7 others like this.
  5. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

Seeing row deed at 30$ so, about a third of add-ons store... CRAZY PEEPS

Acred, Mitara and Time Lord like this.
  6. NZguzzi

NZguzzi Avatar

You are right, it is crazy and the price still needs to come down.

Love the " The shops selling for $450, so I want $375 " mentality, obviously never been an importer or wholesaler.
    All the best to the lottery winning Hawkers.
    We are even seeing posts now trying to justify the scam of it all or level out the falling resale prices.
    Nothing against the OP, he seems like a real nice fellow to deal with, just be reasonable fellas, lower the prices.

Fiero and Time Lord like this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

It certainly couldn't have happened to a better guild who puts on such wonderful Quests for everyone to come and enjoy! Yet now, "to come and become a part of!"

In the interests of the greater community, we need BLoD and their POT/s to get filled up with people or we loose or delay a great money sink and incentive for more players to come play our game :D!

I actually believe they lanced through the heart a great inside information dragon that would have dominated the market had they not done so. There's been leaking information coming out of our Portalarium...

"Keep to your virtues BLoD!" and I do hope your future is filled with happy players for us all to enjoy!
    To have seen such a large batch of lots go to some player who would sell them in game and then sell the gold on Ebay, or outright the lots themselves, would have been a terrible fate for them and not helped our game.
    Well said indeed and I for one stand behind your commitment!

[​IMG] @rednought [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Acred, Vaentorian, K1000 and 3 others like this.
  8. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

@Time Lord

You were one of the first to welcome me and BLoB to the game with open arms, and introduced the members of the Fellowship, Virtues and Sinister components to my conceptual thinking.

SotA is made better with open-minded veterans like you. Without de-railing the thread any further, I wanna continue seeing your wacky gifs everyday!

Do you ever run out of them? *grins*

And regarding "Project Baubbleshire", the more incentive we get players to stay in the game and enjoy positive experiences, the higher the chances of SotA pushing to the finish line of Launch Date and the dream of Ep2 and beyond.

Acred, K1000, Fiero and 1 other person like this.
  9. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

What does it matter what there worth if you are building a deed free town? Wouldn't selling them mean you initial post about intent is completely false?

Acred, Time Lord and Travitar like this.
  10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

It was probably the fall back plan or just to see if the value proposition makes sense. Anyway, he played the game honorably.

Acred, Pikegirl and Time Lord like this.
  11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    "We got a BLoD Guild and POTs to fill up around here!" :D
    ~Time Lord~;)

Pikegirl and Tahru like this.
  12. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

To build a deed-free town, trading for tax-free versions will help administrative work in the long run. So the inherent values of the POT deeds are important too in trades.

Nox Haven, Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  13. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Good answer. I am curious how many taxable deeds it takes to get a tax free deed.

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

never they are all taxable deeds

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Let's say tax free row lot bundle starts at 275, POT only row lot is 80 each. So my guess would be somewhere around 3-5 taxable row lot for 1 tax free.

But since a lot of taxable ones are being added through raffle system, it might take twice the number to trade now.

hroth, Pikegirl and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.