Why this game is important

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baltae, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiminiVant

RiminiVant Avatar

@ZtruK: "Will Carebears be allowed to get married in game? ...couldn't resist."

An extension of my hypothesis... the two concentric circles of "love UO PvP and want to recreate it in SotA" and "minimally aware of RG's Virtues and Principles" also coincide with another circle that is more behavioral; "taking pleasure in deriding others"

Still just a hypothesis.

As for another reason this game is important: It will likely (as RG expects) serve to bring people together based on their common interests, values, etc.

2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

@acrylic I don't think it is worth discussing things like this with you because you become overly aggressive with it...well good luck with that.

3. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

@rune_74
    Fair enough.

4. Père Fouettard

Père Fouettard Avatar

@Mataczar: I have another circle that I suspect coincides to some degree with the three you?ve already posited: general lack of self-awareness/self-reflection

5. RiminiVant

RiminiVant Avatar

@Dienekes: That?s a great prompt for me to emphasize that I?m setting up this hypothesis using concentric circles for a reason i.e. you fall into the circle of ?love UO PvP and want to recreate it in SotA? (I?m assuming the ?-and want to recreate it in SotA? part though you didn?t specifically mention it) but you don?t fall into the circle of ?minimally aware of RG?s Virtues and Principles.?

This doesn?t disprove my hypothesis as one does not necessarily fall in the overlapping area, you constitute part of the circle that doesn?t overlap, which is in itself encouraging. The two circles don?t completely overlap!

@TraEd2KraFt: That?s the spirit! Now we?re getting into some psychoanalysis. I would almost say that this warrants moving to a new thread but incidentally it reminded me of another reason SotA is important: it?s couched in the act of self-reflection. See RG citing the classic morality test.

6. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Why this game is important:
    I'm going to leave the past behind for a bit and really focus on why it's important.

I have a stack of about 40 games that I've bought over the last 4 years and only a handful that I played did anything more than kill time. Only a couple made me stay up past my bedtime.

None of those games were as fun as these last few days Iv'e spent watching live streams and brainstorming ideas. The whole while thinking that justice may get served to those assholes that sold me the other 40 games.

I hope this is the restart of an era that teaches gamers to respect a challenge and lets developers go back to making history.

I think SotA will set the new standard, but i'm also looking forward to what may follow.

7. Père Fouettard

Père Fouettard Avatar

@Acrylic Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.