Will We See A Shroud 2021 Vision/Roadmap???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lazarus Long, Jan 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

No mention of Episode 2 storyline development in the 2021 vision.

Its hard to build a road map without revealing the plan for that.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Episode 2 was used attract new pledges, some not insignificant in value (e.g., LOTI). Given that, I don't have any issue with community complaints that they now see no clear plan for it other than 'work on scenes'.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    arcdevil likes this.
  4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

It's a bit embarrassing that they couldn't do the Q1/2020 part of their statement.

There are some good concepts there though.

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

When I read that post I was very excited that Chris acknowledged how there are so many systems in the game that need polish and changes to make them viable. I see so much potential in this game, even now after years of being disappointed about certain things, I can still see the big picture.

My biggest issue................. The ability to buy/sell stacks of items needs to be added asap. And some sort or vendor search... please please please :D fix the stuff we have. Please stop adding new things... until the things we have are in tip top shape!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  6. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

Did you read an updated overview elsewhere? Because in the post I linked he said that he would “ clean up my internal documents to make it into a vision statement that goes into a bit more detail. I’ll shoot for having it public next week.”

and he specifically mentions in the tldr bullets :
    • New content for including scenes for Episode 2 and quest lines as well as new end game content and updates
    so how is that being interpreted as not happening? As I understand ep 2, the core engine will be basically the same. The continent is built, scenes are being laid in and story/quests will be finalized once the writing outline is complete - which is almost done last I heard. So I would expect that would begin in 2021.

Wilfred likes this.
  7. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

This may sound weird but hear me out. SotA Planning is Odd or Even. On Odd years Chris and team talk about not wanting to mis-hard targets and they go to an organic schedule that is loose and dynamic. Then, when they don't please the masses because it didn't,feel,like they delivered anything they go to the Even year schedule. So in 2022 it will be clearly defined with specific items. Then when they miss that they go back to the Odd year and it's loose and organic.

2020 - Even - Tight & Well Defined
    2021 - Odd - Loose & Organic
    2022 - Even ...
    2023 - Odd ...
    2024 - Even ...

arcdevil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.