Wishlist for Quest Review

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Jakkal, Nov 24, 2023.

1. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

A ton of quests leave out critical info. We shouldn't have to go on google to find info that is missing from a quest description, presuming it even exists on google.

So as a wishlist can we please have someone read through all the quest details of every quest and fill in ALL missing information.

Here are 2 examples.
    Please DO NOT respond telling me the missing information, that is NOT the point of this thread.

Talk to Ranees Binders
    Description: As requested, I slew the Luminous Atavist. Ranees was not exaggerating when he said that this hateful person was full of intolerance and hate, especially for outlanders. For some, his insults might have been more hurtful than his physical attacks. (Okay, maybe not.) I'll return to Ranees and inform him that the Luminous Atavist has been defeated.

Find the Beasts Lair
    Description: Timothy the Enchanter warned me of a fell beast in the Spectral Mines that "once crawled among us" and chews on the bones of its enemies. He's worried it's returned and wants me to help confirm or refute this theory. I'm to find the lair in the Spectral Mines, gather three distinctly different bones from the lair, and return the bones to him.

Where in these quest descriptions does it at any point say where to find Ranees or Timothy the Enchanter???

This info is critical to doing the quest. Sure the player may remember where the npc was, but in many cases these quests were picked up weeks, months or in some cases years ago by the player.

Every quest needs its descriptions reviewed. Locations are left out of many of them.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You previously talked to these NPCs in order to get the quests. Also, it might be shown on the compass in blue but a lot of other stuff might also be on the compass in blue.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there are a journal entries and a tasks completed section and a search function for both. for both those examples, searching for the name of the npc in question in either journal or tasks completed gives the needed information. in fact, for the fell beast, there is a task you get AFTER having slain the beast that ALSO tells you what city to return to him in.

if you know of specific quests for which NO task description or journal entry gives the required info, please bug report them.