with 500+ of focus .. DOUBLE SUMMON

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Gatsu., Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

i think that very skilled players with 500+ (400?) focus (ready to use) maybe can summon 2 creatures...
    (or 14 rabbits :p)

1 year ago, i thinked that probably 1 SUMMON was for some GAME LIMIT... UNITY? DEVELOPMENT?

but now.. a player can SUMMON the Ghustball.. and a clone... at the same time...
    maybe it's not possible to command 2 summons... (i dont' know...) and this is the limit of game...

but if it was possible to DO.. please summon at least 2 creatures (on UO... ther ws no limit to the summon spell... a player can add 20 BLADE SPIRITS in a scene)
    see this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Lord Baldrith and Leelu like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'm all for it. I don't think it's a technical limitation, I think it's about game balance.

I also don't think it needs to be for people with 500+ focus. It just needs to require more focus the more you summon. So for example if you have 1 water elemental it takes 50 focus. But if you have two it takes 125. For 3 it takes 200. That's a lot of focus no matter what you're trying to do (pvp or pve). Summoning higher tier stuff would take even more...

I think that's balanced. For death magic I'd change the decay to a subtraction of health at the same rate. 3 undead summoned skeletons would be 200 max health. Liches would cost more.

Birne Gilmore, Leelu and Fringe like this.
  3. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I shall have a pack of wolves and a flock of sheep. Presumably not at the same time.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

NO no and NO, more than one pet no matter what skill oyu are unless you want a flock of pigeons or non combat ones then sure but as soon as you do summons or combat critters - NOOOOOOO

5. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I shall have the Flute that summons all Automatons.;):D

Budner likes this.
  6. ShardMist

ShardMist Avatar

Curious ideas. I wonder if such things might even be doable for a necromancer. Several skeletons might be something a necromancer could maintain control over, but maybe not, sounds risky. Although raising skeleton after skeleton might be an interesting technique not so much for an indestructible army, but to simply confuse enemies. I cannot imagine skeletons lasting long against a troll, one stomp might do it, but if wave after wave were to come, perhaps the crafty dark mage could even take down the troll with some patience and managing mana and vitality through the manipulation of death magic alone.

Nevertheless, if such an ability were tapped into that mage risks putting the nature of the world out of balance. This usually comes at great cost to those who tip the scales, and they wind up losing some of the greatness of their powers as the pendulum swings back again.

Therefore, I urge caution. Careful what we wish for. Such things are great to ponder, but perhaps letting go of the end result is more prudent in this matter. I must say there might even be a risk for summoning too many creatures especially the undead, and the spiritual lords of the elements, and of course chaos itself. That said if the magic were to remain balanced, with this too being possible, then I too will look into it, at least for academic purposes.

7. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

1 SUMMON... 200 of HEALTH... (for example)
    2 SUMMONS (based on 400+ focus) 150 of HEALTH (and focus drain)
    3 SUMMONS (with 500+ focus) 130 of HEALTH for each summoned creature (and more focus drain)
    4 SUMMONS (with 600+ focus) 110 of HEALTH for each summoned creature...

creatures must be of the same type, and all summoned TOGETHER with a single SUMMON spell

the great thing is that 4 elementals are very poor (energy level) ... but can CAST Lightings of fireballs... that can be useful...

8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

More importantly, could this functionality allow me to summon all my non-combat cats and have them follow me around town?

Lord Dreamo, PrimeRib and Acred like this.
  9. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

how many cats do you have?

10. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

Wait until they fix non-tamed pets first. One might be enough - as much as I'd be for sacrificing my own character's power (in this case, focus) to play a true summoner build.

How are non-tamed pets broken? https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...eak-a-bug-found-through-the-death-tree.57916/

+effectiveness from the skills isn't being applied when they're summoned, they're always level 1. Thread posted above explains/proves. Enjoy!

-B

ShardMist likes this.
  11. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Running with a small pack of 2-3 white wolves would be pretty dang cool.

+1

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

[​IMG]

Birne Gilmore likes this.
  13. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I not only support this, but I think it's necessary. With the current model, everyone and their mother rushes to use the ferocious red and to be honest I'm tired of their being a best in slot pet that everyone in the game uses.

This will provide more options and variety.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  14. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

Thankfully they've acknowledged this and gave us the info on how they'll fix it in the next major update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.