"Wizard Tower" Break-In III

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poor game design, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

People have found an inventive way to keep people out of their homes. Put a wall up in their doorway.

Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. ;)

I don't like this being in the game. I think all home owners should be able to have more robust permissions that keep out the riff raff, but I don't think they should have the ability to pile junk in their door way. That's just a very unimmerssive and cheap way to enforce your will on people that really goes outside the spirit of the game.

Spoon and Net like this.
  2. smack

smack Avatar

It was their choice to buy an open house design where there are no lockable doors to restrict access from the roof / top floors. :p

Drocis Fondorlatos likes this.
  3. Heskel

Heskel Avatar

Landowners could maybe have an invisible claimed boundary around their land that allows them to set who they will let enter it and if it is public. And those restricted to the area would run into an invisible wall and not be able to enter.

And depending on how far you would want to go with the idea there could be a trespassing skill you could toggle on like pvp that would let you walk on someone elses claim. And maybe a landowner could learn a skill that would let them detect clues left behind they could then take to a sheriff or confront the trespasser.

4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Trespassing is not a terribly big deal, so long as no harm is done to the property or owner. I have seen some MMO's where everyone over-protected everything so exportation was hindered. It was like walking through a maze of invisible walls.

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Personally I think all player homes should be visible, have permissions that allow the owner to say "this area of the home can be used by Player X" and "This piece of furniture can be used by Player Y and Z but not K". I'd then like to have lockable doors.

I think that would take care of unwanted guests without people stacking up junk all the way around their homes. We have enough of that already.

Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.