Wizard Tower's

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Poor game design, Feb 1, 2014.

?

Which type of wizard tower do you prefer?

1. I prefer Normal Towers, I don't think there is such a thing as a "wizard tower".

25.8%
  2. A wizard tower should be whimsical! Put willy wonka at the top!

12.9%
  3. Dark and Serious looking. Not a tower that looks more like a magic tea cup ride.

58.1%
  4. Other (please share below)

3.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I prefer a Dark Wizard Tower to a "normal" looking tower. I most certainly prefer a Dark or a "normal" looking tower to that of a whimsical tower. It would be great if there was a Dark Serious option or alternative.

But I'm just one person that wants a Dark Serious looking tower to call home.

Please note that the reason I didn't make this poll to allow for multiple selections is because when you do that it ruins the information you get back. If everyone picks every option, what does that tell us? Nothing. (If someone really wants to have a poll with multiple options they should make it themselves and not modify this one)

2. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I feel like this had come up before.
    I would have preferred to see stronger themes. So a stone city, wood city, tree city, whatever. Culture, building materials, other environmental concerns, etc. A city could all look magic infused or full of technology, or medieval Europe.

You could still have that "odd" building everyone talks about.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

I don't care if whimsical towers exist in the world, to each their own. I'd just like an alternative that I can enjoy as a player.

I'd really like a dark serious looking tower that tells people "yeah a wizard lives here, go away!"

4. Curt

Curt Avatar

I would prefer a more normal tower, its the accessories that should tell people a wizard lives here.

5. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

I do agree a little more serious looking tower would be nice. Honestly, the druid house looks a bit fanciful to me too. BUT, that said, various housing issues are not a top priority for me at this time. I would like to see it by Episode 2 or 3 though. Even something sinister. I would not choose it myself, and that is the point. I want my white paladin-looking castle to stand in stark contrast to someone else's black tower of necromancy. All things in time we hope.

6. Curt

Curt Avatar

Wonder could create a bit of accessory that you placed on your lot that changed the light a bit.
    • A extra light from the above making it look more holy?
    • a bit of a dark cloud all over the lot, for the more mean impression

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  7. Drocis the Devious

I don't think it's just the lighting but that would certainly help.

I'd really like to see a new structure that focuses on height and keeping other people at bay so the owner can study magic and do crazy stuff. :)

Lots of small storage rooms would be appreciated, as well as gated rooms to keep creatures, and summon "things" that the caster doesn't want to get "out".

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  8. Azur

Azur Avatar

I agree the wizard tower does look at little comic compared to some of the other homes especially the knight houses. That said the druid house and even the normal village and town towers are of a similar look. A "darker" wizard house or tower would be more in keeping with the style of some of the houses but then the less serious ones fit in well too.

Mordecai likes this.
  9. Hardy

Hardy Avatar

Aesthetically, everything about it is a troll. The grating disdain for physics. The childish layout. The cowlick rooflines which invoke memories what you find in the tray when Mr Pusskins needs more fibre in his diet.

And, I can appreciate it.

It gives me hope there will also be overgrown weed tiles and wrecked wagon hulks up on stone bricks which we can use to decorate our yards with. Just the thing for an uppity LotM neighbour.

Drocis Fondorlatos and mike11 like this.
  10. mike11

mike11 Avatar

It's a bit unfortunate, because IMO the ORIGINAL concerpts were the ticket but got put aside for new 'experimental' towers.

I think that this the kind of thing that probably won't be re-addressed simply because the team at this point needs to keep moving on and not dwell too much on this.

I would way rather see towers with menacing walls straight and phallic, but not a game-changer. Maybe fix it later because there as already so many other options to choose from.

If you don't like it just don't use it.. If someone wants a quirky Wizard Tower then this is for them.

11. Hardy

Hardy Avatar

You know - an ingame HOA system would fix the issue of any unsightly buildings or industrial/magical noise emissions in upper class residential neighborhoods...

Not really, I just want to put this idea on record in case I decide to join an evil RP guild. It will be a good reference.

12. Amaranthus

Amaranthus Avatar

I agree that the wizard tower makes it look like a part of Disneyland crashed in SotA. In general, I'd like low magic surroundings so that magic in general doesn't get old too quickly. No overload of stuff that levitates, glows or teleports. Mechanical stuff is all right.

Mordecai, Jivalax Azon and Badear like this.
  13. smack

smack Avatar

I voted other, i.e., all of the above. I want variation and not limited to any one design, even the current one. Would love to see more wizard tower variations.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.