Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Wolves be running

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by Corazon, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corazon

Corazon Avatar

While hunting and gaining exp. I noticed that the wolves in North & South Drachvald Spurs, when approached, and after growling at me, they run in the opposite direction rather than attacking me.

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It seems that the wolves have partially recovered from the effects of the shardfall and will now often avoid humans due to their natural instinctive fear. But be cautious, because they still have some shard fever and can turn on you at any moment!

Corazon likes this.
  3. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I believe that Portalarium changed the AI of wolves to retreat, based on how well developed your character is or what your health level is at. (Just based on my observations). So, if you walked in as a new character with base skill levels, then an ordinary timber wolf would probably attack your character. However, once you develop them enough to be able to easily kill one, then they will naturally retreat from your character.

Edit: Just to test this out yourself, find an elder wolf and see if it will retreat. I'm willing to bet it won't because it is probably tough enough to do considerable damage to your character still.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Currently behaving as designed. After taking some damage, they should instinctually turn around to defend themselves.

Elwyn likes this.
  5. Fringe

Fringe Avatar

True but if you are one pebble above or below said wolf, you get 0 dmg, 0 dmg, 0 dmg, 0 dmg, 0 dmg, etc. which makes the wolf keep running away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.