Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

World Design: Dungeons, Tower of the Shuttered Eye

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Sinclair, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

It came to my attention that in general Dungeons and also the new Tower of the Shuttered Eye looks like sweeped. Where is the interior? Where are all the lovely small details laying around? The Tower is only a tower with a lot of floors but with empty rooms? The same i've identified in dungeons.....There is so much potential for a living world. But a world without details and items feels steril. Please, polish this and fill the world , buildings and dungeons with live!

2. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

Sure do i know its alpha, i also played SotA since the chicken room and participated on each release. There has been made no dramatic change on Dungeon Designs/Interior and i feel there will be no change. I was simply asking to remediate and dont forget to polish this all. For me its a fun factor and i am targeting to reach the Portalarium team and others and to think about what it means having some steril environments vs immersion/game fun.

3. repka3

repka3 Avatar

this is not an alpha it's a pre-alpha, if you understand something about coding and software develop, in a pre-alpha state you must be happy if it's not crashing every 2 min for a random assertion lol (joking a little).
    Anyway about tower the most disappoint for me was spend 15 min to get down lich and skeleton and then loot the "Lich uber boss omg" and see... 15 gold and nothing more. LoL.

Mata and Duke Ezekiel Cooper BMC like this.
  4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Totally agree.

I expect this is simply the first iteration on the scene though, and more detail will be added in additional passes.

The "Ravenswood" map for instance appears to be the oldest map in-game, and it has passed through a number of iterations, getting more and more detailed each time.

Fully anticipate that all the maps will receive similar love over the long-term, especially once all the scenes for Episode 1 are operational, and the level-building team has less work on their plate. :)

Sir Cabirus and Miganarchine like this.
  5. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

Thing is with Unity it does not have a facility for creating blocks walls etc in game, Everything has to be built in other programs and imported in as models, hence all the same walls etc, You build all your stuff then place them like logo blocks in the game, I prefer old school Worldcraft where you can create in the engine and see what you are building.

I like all the outside areas but the insides do all look the same, And the shuttered eye definitely does not have any Tardis magic going on. but it's early daze yet.
    Here's a couple of levels I created with a dungeon feel for my Half-Life mod.

6. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

Well, but this can not be the excuse for missing interior?

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  7. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.