Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Wow, water elemental was nerfed hard!

Discussion in 'Release 64 Feedback' started by Barugon, Mar 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Chris says that they only added 5 seconds to the recast for the water elemental's heal but it's actually a lot more than that. Really sad about this.

FrostII, Echondas, Aldo and 3 others like this.
  2. Silmaris Dragonbane

Silmaris Dragonbane Avatar

I was coming here to make the same post. This is REALLY affecting my low level characters. I am only two weeks into the game and I came in with a wave of new players and ALL of us got hit HARD by this nerf. As I understand it for high level players it isn't very noticeable so this change seems to be more negatively affecting the new people like myself. I forget it is even cast I go so long without getting a heal from it now...I was originally feeling like these guys needed a buff because the AI seemed pretty poor but the healing made them worth while, but now the value has really dropped for me. One of my friends who has been around a few weeks more than I have was fixing to rage-quit last night he was getting so mad about the elemental doing nothing but standing around.

Montaigne, FrostII, Chatele and 2 others like this.
  3. golruul

golruul Avatar

Just when you thought summons couldn't get any worse... nerf hammer hits!

I agree with OP, btw. My water elementals frequently get bugged for some reason and don't heal, so I don't see a point in making them heal even less.

4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

That is the problem with this game... It is the only game I have ever played that seems to punish you if you are doing good.... NERF NERF NERF.... Seems like when I finally start to stand on my own, we get set back with a nerf to either or char's skills, or the mobs get harder …. it's a no win situation.... damn if you do, damn if you don't scenario …. after all this is a game, not real life. We play it to have fun, and also feel like a hero kicking butt.... Wish we could have pets that actually kick butt and help out your char, like the pets you get in Neverwinter, they actually are useful and are awesome ….. ah well …. it is what it is :(:mad:

5. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

well I assume the "fix" is to make it wait 5 seconds to heal. That doesnt mean it'll heal every 5, just that its allowed to.

Silmaris Dragonbane likes this.
  6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I will bet that the heal amount is not what it would have healed in that 5 seconds totaled. One thing I have learned in this game, NEVER let anyone know when you find a place or skill use that is fun. Better to keep quiet and enjoy yourself as long as you can.

7. Awe

Awe Avatar

Nerf affected new players? Somehow I played till 80th w/o summon, and water ele was not the first I got. Yes, used it later for a long time, cause it's OP, compared to others. But even when used, it had breaks in healing, sometimes not healing, when I needed it. Now it's same powerfull in terms of damage, as rest summons, plus has a heal.

Alley Oop likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would rather they nerfed the damage than the heal.

Aldo and Chatele like this.
  9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I am doing OK. My water ele dies more frequently, but healing is enough for me to adjust. Just my observation.

10. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I wondered why I suddenly started dying all the time on this release.

Yeah, I think they nerfed the water element's heal quite a bit elsewhere too.

To be more specific the element seems to be healing less each round too.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Chatele and FrostII like this.
  11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I would like to see the NPC mob version nerfed too, if it wasn't already. When elemental resistance was turned on (last summer?), it became much more difficult to kill the water elementals under Kiln because they healed themselves so fast.

fragmeister13, Hermetic and Aldo like this.
  12. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Set him to passive. At aggressive or defensive he takes more damage and spends his 5 second worth of heal healing himself, leaving you to wait at least another 5 seconds for a heal (if he doesn't take damage again).

Elwyn likes this.
  13. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Oh, and by the way keep checking his settings. They are changing from what you set them frequently.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The time between heals is now 20 seconds. Prior to R64, it was way less than 15 seconds. I need to rethink my survival strategy. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.