1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

WTB Telethon Rewards

Discussion in 'Buy Items (WTB Gear, Decorations, Crafted Items)' started by Koldar, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Sadly, I missed out on participating during the telethon. It is a rarity these days, but I was without internet for the day. If anyone is considering getting rid of an extra set of rewards, please let me know.

Thanks!

mbomber and Duchess Fionwyn like this.
  2. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Hi Koldar,
    I should have got an extra set from a dummy account (no real pledge on it, only bought credit store).
    If I get the set on this account I will reserve it for you.
    Regards
    StarLord

3. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Guys, how can you trade them? I was looking for the mount, but is like a reward hat. not tradable.

4. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Yes, at least at the moment they are rewards, not tradable (did not know that a month before).
    As I got 2 on accounts without pledge I also cannot trade in game :-(

5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

They cannot be transferred at all apparently.

Someone offered to transfer some to me from an alt account and Portalarium support said they would not transfer these.

Frankly I'm a little upset that 4 awesome items were only available with no advanced notice on one day when I was out of the country.

Edit: My HOB cabinet was not a transferable item, but someone took it off my account and put it on Time Lord's account because I wanted to give it to them, and a Portalarium employee was kind enough to make it happen. It is possible to transfer the rewards because they're just flags/rows in the SQL database. But Portalarium decided in this case to not allow transferring the telethon rewards to me.

6. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I'm in the same boat Enderandrew - except I wasn't out of country. Well, that point could be argued since I was in a place without internet access.

That's really disapointing that these won't be transferable. Maybe they will add the gifting option (just like the Darkstarr rewards) eventually.

7. Duke Horace

Duke Horace Avatar

Well I may have a work around for you guys but it wont exactly be cheap. I have a second account that I have the telethon awards on and then transferred the pledge associated to the account. So they are sitting on the account still, this means we would have to work out a price and you would also have to purchase a small pledge to be able to transfer the rewards to your main account once the game goes live. PM if you are interested and maybe we can work something out.

Note: I will only accept deals that Lord Andernut is willing to broker, and prefer in store credit!

8. enderandrew

Welcome to the forums!

What price are you thinking for the account?

9. Duke Horace

Duke Horace Avatar

Thanks Enderandrew, I read them all the time, but I am not one to really get involved! To answer your question, at this point I would prefer to just take offers as these rewards are purely perceived value at this point in time. I may make a new post and place a screen shot of the account to authenticate what I have posted. I will also have to wait until the 29th to sell it as well, as I have a lot of store items that will need to be melted down and transferred,unless the buyer really wants them, which I do not foresee.

10. enderandrew

I may not personally participate in a bidding war, but it is absolutely in your best interest to just make a post here in the Marketplace sub-forums and accept multiple offers to get as much as you can when you're ready.

11. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

The following accounts on RealmWares have telethon rewards. You can see how they were priced in the item description: http://realmwares.com/collections/clothing

(don't know what the link reads as it does. don't see what the problem is in the back end).

12. enderandrew

That site is selling a $10 rabbit pet for $100. They're akin to gold-sellers. They're buying up items expressly for the purpose of selling them a few months later with an exorbitant markup.

I believe the intent of this subforum is to enable exchanges directly at much more reasonable rates.

13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

It's really the buyer who decides if the rate is reasonable. What is reasonable for one player isn't for another.

Jacqueline likes this.
  14. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Caveat emptor. Always and forever.

Some people are paying those prices and some are not. No different to any other market. There is no compulsion for you to buy but wanted to make you aware of accounts being sold with the telethon items.

The intent of this subforum has nothing to do with price, at all. Can't see how you would even believe that. Edit: The intent, or function, is the facilitation of transactions: this says nothing about price at all. That's your own morality.

15. Duke Horace

Duke Horace Avatar

Ah Thanks Jatvardur, that certainly helps!

If I decide to go ahead with the sell of the account, I will certainly sell it for less then what realmwares is asking for per reward, but I do not want to get into the weeds as we are still a couple of weeks away from that happening. I will send a message to Ender and Koldar as they were the first two looking for the rewards to see if they are still interested the week of the 29th. If not I will create a new post and offer the account to the rest of the community, again it is perceived value and $40-$50 is not a lot of motivation for me to sell them, it would be purely to put that extra 40-50 dollars toward the development of this game.

Jatvardur likes this.
  16. enderandrew

When you connect a buyer and a seller directly, prices are inherently more reasonable (often for both parties).

When you introduce a reseller, the reseller has to make money, often meaning a worse result for buyer and seller.

Removing the need for a third-party market will always impact price.

I can't see how you wouldn't see that.

17. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I added an edit: "The intent, or function, is the facilitation of transactions: this says nothing about price at all. That's your own morality that disagrees." You can't shoe horn us into your own morality.

People regularly sell items here for massive mark ups. There is little difference whether they do that here or on another website. HoB cabinets have sold here for $350. That's 10x original price and happened right here. Seems you missed that.

18. enderandrew

A HOB cabinet is one of the rarest items in the game and cannot be obtained again. The bunny will be listed again in a few months for Easter. The markup for the two should not be the same.

Regardless, I would urge the community not to reward people who exploit the market purely for personal profit.

19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Who really cares??????? If someone wants to sell an item they can try and sell it for whatever they like.............they will sell it at a price that someone is willing to pay.

This is a marketplace........a marketplace could include Harrods as well as £ Land.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    Jatvardur likes this.
  20. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

+1 to a little bit upset, even if a friend can give me the mask. I cannot see also clear how it was done with the benefits of that for the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.