WTB wireless headset

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Jace3, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

I need to buy a new headset again and this time I would like it to be a wireless one.
    What I would like the set to be is: rechargeable by usb, earbud style with a good sounding mic.
    Any recommendations will be appreciated.

2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Happy owner of a set of Logitech G930's here!! They fit all your requirements (edit: except ear buds, oops), and sound great.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Cally likes this.
  3. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

I have the 930 as well. As he said no earbuds. It is a bit cheaply made. I'm on my 2nd one and have had to open it up to tighten screws frequently.

4. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

having earbuds isn't a deal breaker. I see now Logitech has G933's out. These look decent enough to buy.

Fister Magee likes this.
  5. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I'm happy with the logitechs as well.

Cally likes this.
  6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Really? :O Now I'm itching to peek at mine (even though I should leave it alone!).. where exactly? :D

Cally likes this.
  7. Modu

Modu Avatar

My Astro A50 is nice, although it is expensive. They do sound better than the Logitech G930, I've had both.

One feature I really like about the Astro A50 it is that it has two inputs, 1 usb and 1 digital. The digital input comes from the sound card on your system and the usb connection is basically another sound card added on top. It has an internal mixer that allows you to change the volume between the two. This is nice for when you are on TeamSpeak or Discord, etc. You can strike a very even balance or isolate one or the other very easily. Just press the huge button on the side of the headphones to shuffle the balance around. I miss it when I wear other headphones.

Cally likes this.
  8. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

The Astro's look really nice and have many features. The price is a bit much though. Although is quality made they would be worth buying one set as opposed as to haveng to buy repeated sets. I'll give these some thought.

Pikegirl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.